• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Reagor decomitted from OU and committed to TCU after attending a TCU home game in which TCU lost to OU. Manning was also there and soon followed with his commitment. People on here complained about our crowd. Did we have a great Gameday atmosphere that led to the commitments or does the Gameday experience not matter that much?
Did the filter change your status?

Moose Stuff

Reagor decomitted from OU and committed to TCU after attending a TCU home game in which TCU lost to OU. Manning was also there and soon followed with his commitment. People on here complained about our crowd. Did we have a great Gameday atmosphere that led to the commitments or does the Gameday experience not matter that much?

I would say it matters. Every kid is different in terms of how much though.

MinFrog

I think the lack of a QB that can get it downfield could impact some of these players. Graham is a big guy, same with porter and Taj, but without a qb who can get the ball downfield they won’t have many chances.

Can’t wait to see robinson and reagor/Manning next year. Those guys should be huge downfield threats because we will have a qb with the arm strength to get it downfield.

Moose Stuff

I think it does as well. Just we get people complaining about the crowd at home as well as the overall experience yet we get two big commitments that visited during a loss.

I think if you were able to ask both those kids they’d tell you they knew they were coming to TCU before they attended that game. Manning for sure.

MinFrog

My point isn't that you have to have highly ranked recruits to be good (obviously), but if you want to be consistently in the top 5-10 teams (bama, clemson, ohio state, etc.) you damn better be able to recruit.

W

Way of the Frog

I think the lack of a QB that can get it downfield could impact some of these players. Graham is a big guy, same with porter and Taj, but without a qb who can get the ball downfield they won’t have many chances.

Can’t wait to see robinson and reagor/Manning next year. Those guys should be huge downfield threats because we will have a qb with the arm strength to get it downfield.

If only TCU had that quarterback who was able to get the ball downfield to Taj against OU last season. What ever happened to that guy?

PO Frog

Or have recruiting services rank all of your guys highly just because you signed them.
This isn’t what happens though. And I would bet that the great majority (90%) of Texas four and five stars that went to other teams were offered by TCU. Probably a lot of the out of state ones too.

CountryFrog

It's pretty obvious that you need good players to have a good team, no matter who your coaches are. The only real debate here is how much trust you want to put into random people at internet recruiting sites to be able to accurately identify and evaluate talent.

I personally believe if the people working for these services were actually really good at evaluating talent then they wouldn't be working for recruiting services. I think the only thing they're truly good at is finding out which kids have offers from which schools.