• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

I have no idea if this is allowed (probably not), but what if during a commercial break we brought out the #CarterBoys18 in attendance in the South end zone to introduce them to the crowd at games? Seems like that would be a really cool way for them to get a standing ovation/cheer from the Frog Fam and make other prospects in attendance want to be a part of that. Thoughts? Totally against recruiting rules? Possibility?

I like it put them with NFL players alumni too.

Raw Frog

I have no idea if this is allowed (probably not), but what if during a commercial break we brought out the #CarterBoys18 in attendance in the South end zone to introduce them to the crowd at games? Seems like that would be a really cool way for them to get a standing ovation/cheer from the Frog Fam and make other prospects in attendance want to be a part of that. Thoughts? Totally against recruiting rules? Possibility?

I like your thinking outside the box. That is what I am talking about. Good idea.

talor

I think either on 247 or here I asked that same thing about bball recruiting because I thought it was a great idea...general consensus is it's not allowed.

TX_Krötenechse

That's also a losing proposition IMO. We have a good atmosphere for games, but a standing ovation from 40,000 TCU fans is naturally going to pale before 100,000 Aggies, Vols, or whatever.

W

Way of the Frog

I seem to recall some very high profile recruits making their way to campus.

Big difference in landing talents and building a program.

CountryFrog

If you want the recruits to get huge ovations then just send them out there with t-shirt guns. Don't even need to introduce them to the crowd. Seems like most of the people who go to our games view the chance for a free oversized t-shirt with the Ol' South logo on the back as the most exciting part of their week.

Uncle_Frog

I emailed Del Conte (awesome that you get a quick response from him) and he said that it is against the rules. Bummer.

However the T-shirt gun idea is a good one and I wonder if that falls under those rules?

W

Way of the Frog

Neither of You see a liability problem of having an untrained, visitor of the University shooting things into a crowd?