• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Oh absolutely. I think the conversation he and his family and doctors and coaches are having now is about whether this is season-ending or career-ending.

I'd put it at somewhere between zero percent and less than zero percent that it is announced in the coming days/weeks/months that this injury has ended his career.

frog-hat

Now that the doctors have assessed the injury, their report (per the 24/7 site mods) is that the injury does not appear to be career threatening and there's nothing to make them think his recovery won't be on a normal timeline or sooner. You should go to 247 to get even more info.

TX_Krötenechse

I'd put it at somewhere between zero percent and less than zero percent that it is announced in the coming days/weeks/months that this injury has ended his career.
Of course not, and I don't mean to sound like I think that's what's happening (especially considering the positive update you mentioned). Just that if the news had been that the injury was minor or non-season ending, the family or school would likely have told us that already.

MinFrog

I'm guessing he wants to be back to play his senior year.

Hopefully he isn't putting off surgery to try and make it back just to have surgery in 4 months and it impacts his freshman year.

Sounds like he was hoping for a piece of his senior yet, but made the wise decision to take care of business now.

gp4prez

That's terrible news. Hopefully it's not serious.
Read that it was a "gruesome" injury. Opposing player rolled up his leg and in the aftermath his foot was pointing the wrong direction (broken ankle)... truly horrible luck. Hope he is able to recover and achieve his goals at the next level!

BAM Frog

Marshall had surgery last night according to a poster on a LSU site.
So sad for he and Rogers both, the first two weeks of their senior year...

Moose Stuff

Unbelievable. Prayers to both those young men.

And FWIW, assuming this is as bad as it sounds now you might actually see a few scholarship offers rescinded. Ours won't be one of them, just like it wasn't with Rogers, but I'll be very surprised if a couple of the others pursuing don't pull back. Could be kind of interesting.