• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

netty2424

Go watch his clips, he's a 5 star if we ever recruited one. Stars might be fun, but 3 stars led the draft.
If you're responding to me, which quoting tends to help that, I've watched his clips and I agree with you. I'm not debating that he's a stud or not. I believe he is

Point being missed here is seemingly many recruiting sources stating he's "underrated and unknown" yet ESPN has him at 4 stars. I'm not debating his talent. Just pointing out how all over the map the recruiting services are regarding his ratings.

ScottPatrick

He liked TCU in April then faded off the boards. I don't think we have to report on every Texas kid committing to another team that once had an interest in TCU. Texas A&M is going to have a top 15 class with Texas talent most Big 12 will have given a scholarship to.

TCU was in his final 5 so thought it was at least of some import and he obviously did have an offer. FWIW TCU in his commitment video also.

PhillyFrog

If you're responding to me, which quoting tends to help that, I've watched his clips and I agree with you. I'm not debating that he's a stud or not. I believe he is

Point being missed here is seemingly many recruiting sources stating he's "underrated and unknown" yet ESPN has him at 4 stars. I'm not debating his talent. Just pointing out how all over the map the recruiting services are regarding his ratings.

Also: Ben Wilson is a 4-star on Scout.

MinFrog

That Texas recruiting class is crazy. A guy like Ingram (#165 player in the country) brings their average DOWN.

I hope Herman sucks at coaching, cause he is recruiting the hell out of some highly ranked players.

Moose Stuff

Agreed.

It is also interesting to note we have offered 16 DTs, and they are all projecting to other schools. Trevor Trout is still pending, but it is expected that he commits to Mizzou.

I choose to believe that it's because they're all scared of the presence of the three freshmen already on the roster in Ellis, Bethley, and Blacklock.

Getting those two late in the process last year was HUGE.