• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

Ron Swanson

Thanks. It is hotter than blue blazes down here. Was actually a pretty drive from Waco through Marlin to Franklin. Two games today so I hope I can have a nice adult beverage in my hand when the Frogs take the field tonight.
I'm sitting in the United Club in Chicago Ohare airport right now sipping on vodka OJs. Hoping to get a good plane nap in before I get back to the TX heat

Bob

I am in Franklin, TX this weekend for a tourney for Little (16). I am wearing my TCU hat and there are tons of Ags around me. We will be in CS tonight (hotel) and I am primed and ready for someone to say something about my Frogs!!
I am in the Sacramento Mountains this weekend, like everyday, and there are lots of deer out front. I am wearing my cut-off Horned Frog sleeping pants and slicing up apples to feed them, and if any of those deer say anything bad it is going to feed me.

Pharm Frog

No doubt on slow motion replay from the opposite angle he was out. However, The umpire's view was blocked. Not being an expert on umpire position, don't know if he was in proper position or not. If he was not in position, shame on him. If he was in position, since the tag was not in view, he did what many umpires do, making the call based on the throw being there in time IMO.

He was in position. The inside position has been in fashion for as long as I can remember. That said, some MLB umps are experimenting with an outside approach at 2B. They are almost always in outside position when an infield is pulled in. And.....I liked that he wasn't trying to make the call while "running" which some of these guys are doing now.

Dogfrog

He was in position. The inside position has been in fashion for as long as I can remember. That said, some MLB umps are experimenting with an outside approach at 2B. They are almost always in outside position when an infield is pulled in. And.....I liked that he wasn't trying to make the call while "running" which some of these guys are doing now.

I Meant to say he looked safe at 2nd from that opposite angle, not out. Brain poot.

LeisureFrog

Got the 5:20 am text from my daughter that the Frogs won, checked the score, made coffee, read through the game thread. Wow. What a game. Surprised any of you can sleep after that.

What a performance by Wymer, but also Lodolo. Fantastic. Those early inning runs were what is now classic Frog baseball. Aggressive, outstanding.

Of course there was the obligatory griping about the announcers, and the umps. But very little of the fatalism that has characterized the GDTs much of this year.

LeisureFrog and TRF51 must be awfully disappointed in the result. It's a lot easier to say "I told you so" when the Frogs lose.

I will get to watch most of the next game intermittently. Our flight leaves at 0610 local time, so I'll be up at 0300, an hour after first pitch. I finally get back to Texas 5:30 pm CDT Saturday, so I'll get to see at least some of that game, depending on the start time.

This sets up really, really well. Traver could well dominate UF. JJ gets another shot. Then going into the first game of the finals, BH, Lodolo will be back, and then committee if needed. In addition, with the exception of Wymer, the entire bullpen is fresh and available. An embarrassment of riches. Just gotta get those bats going against an outstanding UF team.

Go Frogs! Beat the Gators! Here's hoping MT continues to show the strength and command that should have made him our ace this year, and that Skoug breaks out of his slump!

Uhmm, I said we win, sir. So, I told you so.

LeisureFrog

I am in the Sacramento Mountains this weekend, like everyday, and there are lots of deer out front. I am wearing my cut-off Horned Frog sleeping pants and slicing up apples to feed them, and if any of those deer say anything bad it is going to feed me.

I'm in the pooper.

H-Town Frog

Just read thru the game thread. Kind of surprised everyone was surprised by Wymer's performance. Go all the way back to Houston and the College Classic. Wymer comes in against Aggie and throws 5 innings of no hit baseball. He's been good all season.

That performance in Houston was the most dominating performance I have ever seen and I've seen a lot. The ag hitters were defeated before they stepped in the box. It was in their body language and an incredible thing to see.