• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The Sangre de Vida is pretty good stuff! And, the proper tiki works wonders...

r6zGKg9hTmibDaQ5DsneTA

Zubaz

The way I see it, there were 3 controversial calls (Louisville fans say 4, but for the life of me I can't remember what the 4th was):
-First stolen base at second. Close play, but I think the Umps got it right and he was safe.
-Play at the plate: Literal definition of a tie. Some replay angles showed him appearing to . It could have gone either way.
-Second stolen base at second which led to the ejection: Yeah, it was a bad call. Close, but he was probably out.

I can see the gripe that if the first two calls go the other way, Louisville wins the game (I mean not really since we don't know if our strategy would have changed, but I see the argument) because all of our runs came with 2 outs when that first stolen base would have been the third. But.....those weren't objectively bad calls. They were just close calls that went our way.

Sand Frog

I'm growing tired of all the crying about the bad calls that went against Louisville. If their shortstop doesn't get cute and try a pirouette tag on Barzilli on the steal at 2nd, Barz is out and inning over. No 3 runs. So, before you go casting stones at umps how about throwing some at your SS for not making a basic fundamental play. My .02!

The way I see it, there were 3 controversial calls (Louisville fans say 4, but for the life of me I can't remember what the 4th was)

I believe the 4th was the toss to Coghlin at 1st where the Louisville runner dove in.

The plays at the plate and at first were the definition of bang-bang. Seem to be separated by a single frame in both cases.

Planks

The way I see it, there were 3 controversial calls (Louisville fans say 4, but for the life of me I can't remember what the 4th was):
-First stolen base at second. Close play, but I think the Umps got it right and he was safe.
-Play at the plate: Literal definition of a tie. Some replay angles showed him appearing to . It could have gone either way.
-Second stolen base at second which led to the ejection: Yeah, it was a bad call. Close, but he was probably out.

I can see the gripe that if the first two calls go the other way, Louisville wins the game (I mean not really since we don't know if our strategy would have changed, but I see the argument) because all of our runs came with 2 outs when that first stolen base would have been the third. But.....those weren't objectively bad calls. They were just close calls that went our way.

That's how I see it as well

1. Correct Call, he was clearly safe at second
2. Too close to tell. I think I would have called him out at home if I called it in person, but once it was called safe there definitely was not indisputable evidence to overturn it.
3. Incorrect Call, he was clearly safe at second.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'm growing tired of all the crying about the bad calls that went against Louisville. If their shortstop doesn't get cute and try a pirouette tag on Barzilli on the steal at 2nd, Barz is out and inning over. No 3 runs. So, before you go casting stones at umps how about throwing some at your SS for not making a basic fundamental play. My .02!

Mrs. Brewingfrog pointed out the same thing: If he moves to the proper position to take the throw, Barz is out. Basic, fundamental baseball.

flyfishingfrog

Infuriation is a strong word for that but the win is the outcome. Still okay to be pissed about the sheer stupidity of that decision that jeopardized that outcome IMO. My father called me immediately after the final out and the second sentence was about what an idiotic decision that was.
Exactly - we have 2 coaches that were pretty darn unhappy with him about that decision also regardless of the fact that we won.

But at this time of year, a win is a win so learn and move on fortunately.

Pharm Frog

Exactly - we have 2 coaches that were pretty darn unhappy with him about that decision also regardless of the fact that we won.

But at this time of year, a win is a win so learn and move on fortunately.

Still not sure its all on the player. If he had the green light and was looking for that pitch and location with confidence that he could drive the ball to the outfield, he should have swung. If he did not have green and/or the pitch was not the type or location he was looking for, then it's on him. I have no idea and only a very few do. What troubled me most is that what happened in that situation was about as far away from what has been established as "Frog baseball" as it can get.