• The KillerFrogs

2016 College Station Super Regional Thread

Moose Stuff

I think Louisville is the clear top team in the country but Aggies are a close second. Will take better baseball than we've played all year to win two games down there.

Limp Lizard

Last weekend we had a good warmup with a rare north wind blowing out.  South wind in CS this weekend, also blowing out.  Very different orientation between the two ballparks, home runs much harder in FW when the usual south wind in blowing in.

Should be interesting.  The aggies are who the baylor fans look up to.  Wantabe aggies in Waco.  Not crazy enough...yet.

GoFrog Yourself

Aggies are good, but if we can get to their bullpen we've got a chance. They're excellent hitters, but once again I question their pitching, and we have an offense that can match up with them if our bats stay hot.

This will be a tall task but not an impossible one. Here's hoping traver and Howard keep the momentum and the bats give them some run support

pgdaly84

As Todd said, I feel like everything is gravy at this point. I thought hosting a regional was a stretch coming into the season as young as we are, but this young team has proven pretty resilient and is learning how to win big games. This Super will be invaluable experience to build on for the next couple years, and who knows? If the starting pitching can keep the momentum going and the bats can stay hot we might pull the upset.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Despite the odds Frog said:
Aggies have to be Aggies and go overboard with everything. They see some TCU fan holding a "We want Boomer" sign and they just go overboard with insults and cocky remarks.

I don't think I've read one TCU fan say anything about Texas A&M on Twitter, yet they keep writing that TCU fans are trying to be disrespectful and cocky on Twitter. I've never seen so many tweets of people saying what one group of people are doing but they are really the one's doing it. Something is wrong with that fanbase.

If you have met the Frog fan in question - it doesn't shock me in the slightest it was him.

jack the frog

Aggies are good, but if we can get to their bullpen we've got a chance. They're excellent hitters, but once again I question their pitching, and we have an offense that can match up with them if our bats stay hot.

This will be a tall task but not an impossible one. Here's hoping traver and Howard keep the momentum and the bats give them some run support
Hope our guys go in loose and easy and have some fun. Who knows what might happen!

Ron Swanson

I have a long-ago scheduled golf Calcutta weekend at Possum Kingdom Lake this weekend.

Baseball wasn't even on my mind.

Hopefully we get some prime time games so I can watch them on a TV instead of on my phone in the golf cart between swings.

Fairbanks

Ron Swanson said:
I have a long-ago scheduled golf Calcutta weekend at Possum Kingdom Lake this weekend.

Hopefully we get some prime time games so I can watch them on a TV instead of on my phone in the golf cart between swings.
Life sounds tough. Stay strong.

Purp

Ron Swanson said:

#stressed

SnoSki

Ron Swanson said:

Thoughts and prayers, man

Realtorfrog

Good thing about baseball is it's a game of streaks and we are playing really well right now, haven't seen aggy play But I picture a men's softball team at about 30. Big scruffy guys not real athletic but good fundamentally and can hit the ball. Enough speed to get the job done but not blazing speed.

Planks

Todd D. said:
The cool thing is we are playing with a bit of house money here.
This is how I would feel if our match up was with anyone else other than A&M. Unfortunately it is against A&M, I hate this match up. We're not going to get brownie points for losing just because this is a rebuilding year for us. We're going to hear that last year was a fluke and this is the true series. We're going to hear about how TCU couldn't cut it if they played in the SEC. We're going to hear about how this year proves that A&M would have won last year had the series been played in college station as A&M fans claim it should have been. And worse of all Boomer White will have the satisfaction of beating us.

I hate this match up. I want our "house money" years to be against schools that we don't care if we lose to.