• The KillerFrogs

103 degrees now long range forecast for Sept. 2nd...

Brog

that long range forecast doesn't predict the 11 am temperature on the 2nd, but if it's like today, it will be 100 by noon. Sure hope Deion and his players are glad to get out of the Colorado cold. And what about the rest of us? Both sides of the field will have full sun the whole game, beginning to end.

fanatical frog

It was 102 at 8:18 last night in the mid cities. Scheduling 11 am games in Fort Worth in early September has always been like telling the fans to go eat cake.....and maybe worse than that this year.

Ron Swanson

Classes start Monday 110 degrees. It’s got to be an anomaly. It’s never been hot in Texas in August.
Yeah, summers are always hot in TX, but I don’t ever remember it being this hot this early (usually June is kinda/sorta/pretty hot, but this June was unbearable) and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it this dry. I’m in Houston and haven’t seen a drop of rain at my house in months I don’t think.

Just an absolutely brutal summer.

JugbandFrog

Excellent. This is an advantage we will need, and hopefully be able to utilize. If we are soft, we will find out in the 4th quarter of this game.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yeah, summers are always hot in TX, but I don’t ever remember it being this hot this early (usually June is kinda/sorta/pretty hot, but this June was unbearable) and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it this dry. I’m in Houston and haven’t seen a drop of rain at my house in months I don’t think.

Just an absolutely brutal summer.
Growing up in Houston it rarely ever got above 100. 96 to 97 was a really hot summer day. I kept pretty close tabs on the temps in the early 70s because my summer jobs were outside. I commuted from the Memorial area to the Shell Deer Park refinery. It was miserable enough at 93-95 daily. I can’t imagine 20 -30 straight days of triple digits.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the game is moved to night if the heat dome doesn’t shift.
(by the way, it was 76/56 with no humidity here in Mississippi of the Midwestyesterday)

Froginbedford

I"m sure ESPNFOXCBS will eagerly reschedule the game to 9 p.m. because of the weather....And for the younger viewers, this summer is fast becoming a carbon copy of 1980 with a record high of 113 in Fort Worth....The difference in game conditions then and now is that in 1980 there were no locally/regionally/nationally TV broadcasts so the schools and conferences could schedule to accommodate themselves and there were only 10 regular season games so the season could open mid-September and many schools did not have a bye week and there were no conference championship playoff games, so the season could be concluded in just 10 weeks ,allowing a later opening date....

Limp Lizard

IF it is a scorcher, Sonny needs to substitute early and often. They have been bragging about depth, well, he is the perfect place to use it. Substitute all those WRs, a new set each possession and play fast, with no substitutions...until Colorado players start getting "hurt". Substitute on defense, too.

Limp Lizard

I"m sure ESPNFOXCBS will eagerly reschedule the game to 9 p.m. because of the weather....And for the younger viewers, this summer is fast becoming a carbon copy of 1980 with a record high of 113 in Fort Worth....The difference in game conditions then and now is that in 1980 there were no locally/regionally/nationally TV broadcasts so the schools and conferences could schedule to accommodate themselves and there were only 10 regular season games so the season could open mid-September and many schools did not have a bye week and there were no conference championship playoff games, so the season could be concluded in just 10 weeks ,allowing a later opening date....
2000 was hot until the Hawaii game in early October (the 7th I believe). Cold and rainy the rest of the season.

I was not in DFW in 1980. How were October and November in 1980?

84 at 8:55 a.m. in Houston, but already “feels like“ 95 with the humidity, according to The Weather Channel. There is no debate—this is clearly on another level from any of my years in Texas. I fortunately have had good time by the lakes of Wisconsin and Minnesota this summer—though often humid too with breezes from the south, it is cool enough to be comfortable; and when the wind switches to the W and NW, it is great.

Last edited:

Brog

84 at 8:55 a.m. in Houston, but already “feels like“ 95 with the humidity, according to The Weather Channel. There is no debate—this is clearly on another level from any of my years in Texas. I fortunately have had good time by the lakes of Wisconsin and Minnesota this summer—though often humid too with breezes from the south, it is cool enough to be comfortable; and when the wind switches to the W and NW, it is great.
1980 still holds all the records. 67 days 100 or more, record high 113, Fort Worth prohibited any lawn watering, TCU and all area lawns brown as can be, hot! Wonder if weathermen were talking about climate change then? And for that matter, 2011 still has hotter records than this year.

Latest posts