• The KillerFrogs

100% Chance of Snow

WhatTheFrog

Odd comment considering every away team has to wear white (except of course when TCU decides to white out at home).

Maybe that's why I don't like them, I don't like being the road team. I also dislike the white out home games. It sucks to tailgate and grill in white. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

frogs9497

ISU announced they were wearing red, red, red. Patterson has been pretty adamant about wearing contrasting helmets from the opposition, so it is strange that we would be wearing purple instead of white.

This is pretty much what I imagined a hype video made in Iowa might look like.

MAcFroggy

Not sure if these means anything, but TCU football tweeted out something today showing the Red ISU helmet and the white TCU helmet... Maybe we are actually going to wear white helmets?

Edit: This was actually posted last night.

Last edited:

Sebastian S

Not sure if these means anything, but TCU football tweeted out something today showing the Red ISU helmet and the white TCU helmet... Maybe we are actually going to wear white helmets?

Maybe Patterson only likes doing it when it's in our favor?

Maybe he knows we won't be passing much and on the flipside, ISU will try to use their big WR's.

/conspiracy theory

Tumbleweed

Mostly the team (captains-etc) pick the uniforms after learning about the home team selections. Gary who is superstitious as the devil, puts his slant on the selections.Gary would probably pick the purple helmet with the rose in all important games if he had total say

FROG PARENTS 1961

Edit: This was actually posted last night.

if the Ames forecast changed to 100% no snow then Maybe GP switched to the white helmet because GMFP would not mess with us would he.

DeuceBoogieNights

Mostly the team (captains-etc) pick the uniforms after learning about the home team selections. Gary who is superstitious as the devil, puts his slant on the selections.Gary would probably pick the purple helmet with the rose in all important games if he had total say

As others have pointed out, we typically go with the opposite of the other team on helmets. Helps qb identify WRs