• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by fff91

1. F

Two Possible DC Candidates

Gibson would be great. He owned us while he was at WVU. He makes like $1.5M or something though so will cost a lot.
  2. F

the retooling of the tcu defense by joe gillespie -long

I never understood why, after the great early success at developing ends such as Tommy Blake and Jerry Hughes and th Schobels, that the last few years Patterson never seemed to get the Def End pass rush play. Likie he could never recruit players there.
  3. F

GoFrogs: Briles Announced as New Offensive Coordinator/QBs Coach

THis is so weak. Ever since Sonny showed up the Social Media engine has been running full steam but for this hire we post a press release (and were there aven quotes in it). Literally just slinking this through. Embarrassed. If you're going to do it, then freaking own it.
  4. F

Is Kendal Briles a serious candidate?

I hope this doesnt happen but even if it doesnt, some damage has been done because the narrative will be we were going to hire him but then there was backlash. There isnt a lot of integrity in that. Should NEVER haven gotten this far.
  5. F

FWST: TCU lands Alabama transfer receiver JoJo Earle

For any Power 5 player who isnt a grad transfer, isnt it likely that their stats will underwhelm. Why elese would they be transferring? Presents an interestings trategic question - taking a Power 5 player who hasnt cracked the two deep at a school like AL or an overperformer at a lower tier...
  6. F

Gameday Thread: #4 TCU at Baylor; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

Apologies - joining late but what is Darrius Davis injury?
  7. F

If GP was the coach, what would the record be?

I know D Lineman are scarce resource, but it was one of the great myteries to me of the decline of GP why he could not recruit defensive ends in particular the last 3-4 years or so.
  8. F

FWST: The answer to what’s changed at TCU is so obvious no one wants to touch it

The article seems true enough. BUt it is just unnecessary. It is obvious what has changed, and I he isnt going to provide details of the stories, then don't mention them.
  9. F

You Tube: Coach Dykes talks Colorado, Tarleton games

I have no idea how Sonny willdo at TCU but his approach is so much more modern and sensical. I mean just straightforward about the injuries - not paranoid, etc. It is tough to be down on GP given all he had done but it seems clear that he wasnt going to change and we were not going to reclaim...
  10. F

Gameday Thread: TCU at Colorado; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

I was so confused by what was happening. Our players had the play call and were lined up before the snap. It was weird.
  11. F

Monroe News-Star: Louisiana Tech football coach Sonny Cumbie names Matthew Downing starting QB

I dont know if Cumbie is a great or even good coach but I hope he has success. I thought he was scapegoated by GP in a really crappy way and he handled it with Dignity.
  12. F

OT - Yellowstone/Jackson Hole Vacation Question

It is expensive but worth every penny if you can swing it. Personally, I prefer the Tetons, Jenny Lake and Teton Village to YNP, but I do agree that if you can manage the pretty stepp hike down to the overlook at the Grand Canyon of Yellostone, it is s sight to see.
  13. F

Jamie Backers - What Would it Take for Jamie to be on your "hot seat"?

It is funny, and I could be completely wrong, but I think a big problem is his offense generates no open shots. It is basically spread the floor and go 1x1, at least that is how it looks to me. I am probably wrong but we rarely get easy shots out of our offense.
  14. F

Jamie Backers - What Would it Take for Jamie to be on your "hot seat"?

I think what is so frustrating about the Dixon era thus far is we started to take some steps forward and then fell back almost to the level or maybe even the level below where he started and now we are climbing back up, but it now looks like another NIT year and who knows what next year will be...
  15. F

TCU @ OU

A few thoughts. Dixon's teams have never been artistic on offense. It has always frustrated me. Trent Johnson could get his team open looks. Dixon's offense struggle with that. However, from about 15 minute mark to the 4:00 mark mentioned above, the team moved the ball and cut and passed...