• The KillerFrogs

Schedule for 2012

RaiderHater

I believe our non-conference schedule is already set. Virginia, grambling st. , and Smu. I don't think the Big 12 gets to 12 teams by 2012. So well still have 9 conference games.

Borat Sagdiyev

I believe our non-conference schedule is already set. Virginia, grambling st. , and Smu. I don't think the Big 12 gets to 12 teams by 2012. So well still have 9 conference games.

As of today, us playing SMU next season is not set in stone.

The way the Big XII is setting up the schedule, they want nine straight weeks of conference play. That is from the first week of October until the first weekend of December, so next season it would be October 6 threw December 1. The idea is to have the same schedule every single year (I am assuming as long as we are a 10 team league). What that would mean is, if we play Kansas St. for example the first week of October, and then Tech the second week of October and then so on, every single year we would continue to play these teams in this order, just flopping home and away from year to year.

SMU next year is scheduled for early October, which will be slated for conference play. As of today, we haven't been able to come to an agreement on where to fit that game in.

angelo's frog

The way the Big XII is setting up the schedule, they want nine straight weeks of conference play. That is from the first week of October until the first weekend of December, so next season it would be October 6 threw December 1. The idea is to have the same schedule every single year (I am assuming as long as we are a 10 team league). What that would mean is, if we play Kansas St. for example the first week of October, and then Tech the second week of October and then so on, every single year we would continue to play these teams in this order, just flopping home and away from year to year.

SMU next year is scheduled for early October, which will be slated for conference play. As of today, we haven't been able to come to an agreement on where to fit that game in.

On one hand, I hate to let SMU have scoreboard for an extended period of time but on the other hand, I don't really want to play them anymore. I'm tired of being their damn Super Bowl every year. Absolutely no upside to that game for us. If we beat them, nobody cares. If we lose, we get ridiculed. Find some other team with a recognizable name from out of state and stick them in that spot. No one will really care. We will have plenty of rivals in the Big 12.

An-Cap Frog

I don't want TCU to play SMU, if SMU is going to win and then go 5-4 for the rest of their games...now if they were 9-0 that would be different.

ATXFrog

I don't want TCU to play SMU, if SMU is going to win and then go 5-4 for the rest of their games...now if they were 9-0 that would be different.

screw that.. Outside of games vs Texas and OU there is nothing more I want to do next season then go over to Dallas and smack the Ponies around.

They have the skillet and we need it back.

And I'm fine with SMU being a 5-4 team and only selling out their TCU game.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Keep playing smu. I like that it is becoming interesting. I do not want to stoop to the level of people who duck us on the no upside, big downside basis.

anom

If the OU date changes from being our second game next year, see what SMU can do to change the schedule around to get a date set with us. as much as i hate SMU, the rivalry is good regardless of teams play. and its a close game for frog fans to make it to

McFroggin

What is the rivalry with SMU good for? They do nothing for us. They have no fans. They have no support. Playing SMU is no better than Texas State

Big12Frog

I would say the rivalry is pretty good. Including this year, they have cost us two BCS bowls in the last eight years. We just need to beat them, not quit playing them.

ATXFrog

What is the rivalry with SMU good for? They do nothing for us. They have no fans. They have no support. Playing SMU is no better than Texas State

Would the Ticket be on location and talking about the TCU-Texas St. game?

We get great pub in Dallas for this game and that's worth it.

Who cares if they have no fans or support? We don't need their fans to sell out our game. And it leaves more seats for TCU fans when they sell out their one game of the year versus TCU. Press still runs the Iron Skillet story and they are one or our longest rivalries unlike Texas State.

Why am I responding to this idiotic no SMU Game talk? Get over yourself arrogant TCU fans.

Stiff Arm Frog

You've got to be kidding me. Stop playing SMU? They've been our rival for about a hundred years, and the series is just starting to get really good again. And who would y'all rather play? Grambling State??

So basically your whole attitude is, if you can't beat them, don't schedule them. You cowards.

And besides the sheer history of the game, I can think of a few other reasons to keep playing SMU, the biggest one being that it gives us increased exposure across the entire Metroplex, a recruiting ground the rest of the country is so desperate to get into that they schedule non-con games at Jerryworld just go get here. Playing in DFW is our biggest recruiting advantage, but I guess you guys just want to give that up, too.

angelo's frog

You've got to be kidding me. Stop playing SMU? They've been our rival for about a hundred years, and the series is just starting to get really good again. And who would y'all rather play? Grambling State??

So basically your whole attitude is, if you can't beat them, don't schedule them. You cowards.

And besides the sheer history of the game, I can think of a few other reasons to keep playing SMU, the biggest one being that it gives us increased exposure across the entire Metroplex, a recruiting ground the rest of the country is so desperate to get into that they schedule non-con games at Jerryworld just go get here. Playing in DFW is our biggest recruiting advantage, but I guess you guys just want to give that up, too.

You're living in the WAC, CUSA and MWC past when we benefited locally from playing SMU due to more local press coverage. We will get that press x10 when we play UT, Tech, OU, and Baylor. Screw the Ponies and their crooked refs. Baylor and Tech are our new biggest rivals. Let's quit living in the past.

Borat Sagdiyev

Let me say both parties want to continue to play each other, it just might be tough in 2012 because we might not be able to match schedules up. I have no idea what their schedule is, but it seems as if they are having trouble moving stuff around, as are we.

Goo

Keep playing SMU. We will have early season opening now that OU is conference game.

I heard DeLoss saying TCU would most likely play UT over Thanksgiving in 2012, but he preferred Tech in the future. Not sure why he would say that. Would make Thanksgiving nice to go watch TCU win in Austin.

oldscribe

Isn't the SMU game scheduled for late Sept.? Grambling on 9-8, Va. 9-15 and SMU 9-29 as I recall.....We must hope W.Va. gets in for 2012 so we have a 10-team league .....hate to have go hunting for a fourth OOC game (welcome back La.-Monroe!)