• The KillerFrogs

Here's what I think happens tomorrrow

Gunner

TCU will struggle running the ball against Boise. Then they will begin to bliz Pachall, teeing off with confidence if we can't run it. It might be a tough day for Pachall.

Fuente and Anderson know all this and expect them to run the option alot. That will help keep the pressure off Pachall. Need the reverse option(where QB steps one way and reverses to option to the opposite side, with 2 lead blockers). Might work as Boise never sees that stuff. Help keep their offense off the field...Hope Boise corners are not too tough against the run..

Also, expect them to run some screens, the ol' standard type, to slow the rush. We never run those plays. Would help sustain drives IM humble O. Mix in the shuttle quick flip screen.

The only way to beat 'em is for Pachall to get hot with the short pass game. Outscore those "suckers" is the best plan of attack..

An no turnovers!

SnoSki

Disagree with the thought that the only way to beat em is through the air. Their run D is barely above average, as shown by the big gains given to UNLV.

I think the best way to beat them is to be surprisingly physical. UNLV was able to hang with them for most of the first half that way. Then they just kind of ran out of steam. Of course that only works if their receivers don't have a lot of room in space. Here's hoping that won't be the case.

Limp Lizard

First of I think the usual pattern of slow defensive starts will continue, as it has the last 11 years. I look for the Frogs to trail early but make adjustments and win.

Obvious, but whoever controlls the LOS both ways will win.

On defense the may have to take some chances by crowding the LOS, covering close and risk giving up the deep pass; Moore likes to make quick decisions denying him short passes will be the best chance of getting a sack. Or.... If we play more consertively he will convert more passes, but this should slow down a lot in the red zone as they run out of room for their receivers.

On offense, be unpredictable, probably passing a lot on first down. Pachall seems to be better on the speed option than the zone option.. When Brown is in, if we have success, one play should be a deep pass. If the speed option has success we can throw that old pass to the left off an option right.

And most importantly, no big mistakes, especially on offense. Turnovers killed us in the Fiesta and Fort Worth bowls.

I a predicting a TCU win, BTW.

HickoryFlameFrog

On defense TCU must maintain leverage.
Not bite on the quick misdirection.
Keep every thing in front of them.
KM makes good reads so good execution is imperative.

On offense TCU must disguise plays and go against tendencies,
in other words be less predictable.
Keep a balanced approach mixing run and pass when BS is
expecting pass and run.

Those quick routes to the outside receivers at the line of scrimmage
are dangerous against the BS defense. Watch for BS to jump those
routes hoping for a quick pick six.

Passing game needs to be more vertical, though not necessarily deep.
Drops are always critical, but even more so in this game.

Expect Brown to pass as BS will be expecting him to run.

4th. down

GP is conservative by nature and has us playing it close to the vest for our offensive schemes in big games. Baylor was a big game for us and we didn't open the playbook until we were almost out of it - hope the same doesn't happen this time.

Our running game will either win it or lose it for us. We don't control the clock and score, Moore will eat us up. The straight hand-off to the deep RB is no good......no good - BSU too quick for that and will be in the running lane when we arrive at the line of scrimmage. Options and counter-options with Brown and Brown passing some should work well. Hopefully we see Casey and Brown in the game at the same time.

Believe this game comes down to our OC's - let's see if they have matured from the last encounter with BSU. Expect BSU to come with the same defensive alignment they used in the Fiesta Bowl.

purplepreacher

Key will be defense, pass rush, timely blitzes. Offense cannot afford more than two turnovers and turnover margin will have to be in our favor. Go Frogs!

We're going to need big plays in order to have a chance at victory. I think we will see more passes between 10-20 yards than we have seen this year. Look for the ball to get to Boyce, Dawson and others in space to make their safetys stay back. We might throw the ball deep a couple of times but the OL will have to be very good in order to. Pop a RB through a quick seam and hope we get 10+ yards on multiple occasions and then their LBs will have to stay home and not drop into the passing lanes.

Screaming Flea

l agree with the statement on tendencies.(**)

Stay away from them in " key" moments! ( Boise certainly will, that is one of the things they do best! )This game will henge on defense. Who ever has the better defense, controls the clock and keeps from making turnovers is the winner.

Look for the Boise fans to higher than the Mt's surrounding Boise. GOT to control that game atmosphere with SMART-MISTAKE free football from the start. The OC's don't need to dilly-dally around and question themselves on their own play calling. Get on with it! This Boass team feels they have something to prove and they aim to do exactly that!

(**) A Lot of this depends on how Gary's "feels the flow of the game." He can get stubborn somethings.

Raw Frog

We will need to move the ball against the wind. No shanked punts against the wind, and no turnovers.
The wind will be a factor.
I like our chances in this game. We have a shot. Hope we take it.

Dogfrog

Last time we played Boise, our defense played well. Their defense disguised what they were doing very well, and our passing game was totally confused and we kept passing. Just line up and run the ball. If we can do that we can win, if not, I'd still rather be at 3rd and 5 than 3rd and 15. Best case scenario for us would be a combination of a productive running game and vertical passing game. I'd prefer not to get in a dink and dunk contest with Boise.

jack the frog

You just never know in this game. I would have never guessed that BST would have given up the ghost on the long pass like that. We just had better athletes out there I guess.

helcap

Disagree with the thought that the only way to beat em is through the air. Their run D is barely above average, as shown by the big gains given to UNLV.

Good call :blink: (just kidding) Boise stacked agains the run and left corners in alot of one and one, and we were able to burn them.