• The KillerFrogs

Game 7 @ Cowboys Stadium

Slingin' Sammy

What if the Rangers go to game seven??

We'll all be at the TCU game (presumably)!

If the TCU game ends before the World Series, can they play the World Series on the Jumbotron?

Does someone on FFF have any pull with the Cowboys organization? If so, we need to convince them to play the game on the big board, should the TCU game end early.

How incredible would that be!

RaiderHater

If the NFL sues churches over having SB watching parties. I think this might be some MLB vialation without aproval from their corporate offices. Doubt cowboys stadium will go through that effort for a "what if?" scenario.

As a fan though I would love for them to show it if it came down to the 8th inning of game 7 when our game is ending.

aebrown22

I was at the Ranger's game this season when they evacuated everyone to the underground walkways due to tornado warnings around the stadium. After they let us all out it was still rain delayed, but they had the NBA playoffs playing on the jumbotron. I don't know why this would be any different.

ifrog

There was an article in the ST last week about a man and his son who traveled from somewhere far to see the Cowboys game and after the game was over, they played the end of one of the Rangers playoff games on the big screen so there is precendence. I doubt they would do something like that during the TCU game while it is live. Maybe on one screen but not on the large screen.

aebrown22

No, definitely not during the game, but if the Frogs game ends and the WS is still going on I think they would put it on the big screen.

froginaustin

No, definitely not during the game, but if the Frogs game ends and the WS is still going on I think they would put it on the big screen.

I can't imagine that not generating a responsibility to pay someone big bucks for the privilege of showing the game. That'd deter me if I managed the JerraShack. I would expect it'd deter Jerra.

weklfrog

Does anyone know the policy of bringing a laptop or tablet computer into the Deathstar? Can watch game 7 if necessary on a notebook using a 3g or 4g card.

aebrown22

I can't imagine that not generating a responsibility to pay someone big bucks for the privilege of showing the game. That'd deter me if I managed the JerraShack. I would expect it'd deter Jerra.

You may be right, but I'm just going to have to disagree based on past experience. I've seen the Rangers play an NBA playoff game on the jumbotron, and someone else has seen the end of a Rangers game played on the jumbotron at JerryWorld. I don't see why this would be any different. It isn't like they would be hosting a game watching party. They would just be showing the end of the game to people still in attendance. Like I said, you could be right and I could be way off base, but I've seen this sort of thing done in the past. You just gotta believe!!!

weklfrog

Somebody needs to email CDC to find out if it can be done and if so, will it be done. I know if is not likely up to him but he either knows or could find out. Could affect attendance for some people who would otherwise stay home to watch game 7 or might leave at half-time to get home in time to watch the end.

bwood

On at least one of the World Series broadcasts they have cut to aerials of Cowboys Stadium when going to/coming from a commercial break and specifically highlighted/zoomed in on the Fox broadcast being shown on the Jerry Vision screen. I remember this specifically because I made a remark to my wife wondering what that cost Jerry to power those screens (for an empty stadium) and how ridiculous it was. I can't see a scenario in which the Rangers game is on the screen while the TCU game is still going but I could see showing the end if it is still on at the completion of our game.

Dogfrog

I think it's unfair to our coaches and players to have a competing sporting event showing on the jumbotron at the same time they are playing. Imagine CP standing behind center, calling out audibles as the entire crowd jumps up screaming a double play or a Beltre homer. Inappropriate in my opinion. Take a transistor radio.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
This is just a WAG on my part....

They could probably show bits of the Rangers game when ESPN is in a commercial break, otherwise they'd run into legal issues of having a Fox broadcast on the Hippotron 2000 during an ESPN broadcast. And they'd probably be clear to show the game once ESPN goes off the air.