• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

This is about the 5th ambulance chaser ad I’ve seen on Facebook following the explosion downtown, but by far this is the dumbest. Let’s take a picture of a half-demolished building with debris all over the place…and then photoshop us in there holding demolition tools. Morons.

View attachment 15550
The guy on the right looks like a corpse. I suppose that’s the legendary Texas Hammer?

This is about the 5th ambulance chaser ad I’ve seen on Facebook following the explosion downtown, but by far this is the dumbest. Let’s take a picture of a half-demolished building with debris all over the place…and then photoshop us in there holding demolition tools. Morons.
Jim Adler’s nickname is The Texas Hammer. His commercials frequent Houston TV. The sledgehammer appears often in his ads and he is a Texas grad.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

View attachment 15550

Have Rampaging Sledge Hammer Wielding Lawyers destroyed your business?!?!?!?

Breaking Bad GIF

DeuceBoogieNights

When I travel I rarely see other state's lawyers have nicknames like the Texas Hammer or Law Eagle or whatever other stupid nicknames are out there. You see some Sweet James out west, but why are Texas lawyers obsessed with nicknames? I'm not hiring a lawyer with a nickname.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
When I travel I rarely see other state's lawyers have nicknames like the Texas Hammer or Law Eagle or whatever other stupid nicknames are out there. You see some Sweet James out west, but why are Texas lawyers obsessed with nicknames? I'm not hiring a lawyer with a nickname.
I’ve lived California, Connecticut, Chicago, NYC and here in Mississippi of the Midwest and they are everywhere. In fact we have a “The Hammer” here. Had The Smart Tough, Lawyer in Chicago. NYC some mook from Jersey had some rediculous moniker I can’t remember. Unless you’ve watched a lot of daytime tv, you probably missed seeing these Perry Mason wannabes and their moronic ads.

Ron Swanson

I’ve lived California, Connecticut, Chicago, NYC and here in Mississippi of the Midwest and they are everywhere. In fact we have a “The Hammer” here. Had The Smart Tough, Lawyer in Chicago. NYC some mook from Jersey had some rediculous moniker I can’t remember. Unless you’ve watched a lot of daytime tv, you probably missed seeing these Perry Mason wannabes and their moronic ads.
Yeah, and it clearly works. Every single city I drive through you see billboards everywhere for guys just like them. Jim Adler was the only one I remember growing up, but about 900 other people across the south have copied the blueprint and apparently there’s enough money to go around.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yeah, and it clearly works. Every single city I drive through you see billboards everywhere for guys just like them. Jim Adler was the only one I remember growing up, but about 900 other people across the south have copied the blueprint and apparently there’s enough money to go around.
Sure there is plenty of money to go around. They advertise like insurance is set up to be the lottery. There’s a reason they advertise in the middle of the day. You don’t see the good lawyers doing it. Joe Jamail was an all American asshat, but you never saw him on TV with a silly ad. These are mill firms that take almost everything hoping to hit one big.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

My practice involves a good amount of what is essentially insurance defense and I perk up when I see a billboard/TV ad name at the bottom of a petition. Somehow in 16 years I’ve missed The Texas Hammer, but I’ve seen all the others. Not a single lawyer with a nickname has even remotely impressed me yet.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Question for this schooled/experienced in city zoning law and/construction—one to two blocks south of Kroger near campus on U drive appears to be a new stealth dorm going up, multi-stories And across 3 separate house footprints.

Story time please.