• The KillerFrogs

So who is the actual QB this week/moving forward?

Wexahu

if he transfers some where and manages to finish a season it would be an accomplishment- wasn’t it his sophomore year of high school the last year he started and finished the year without injury?

Some guys just get hurt and it would be hard for it not to affect his development as much as he has been injured
As far as I know he finished both his junior and senior year of high school more or less not injured. He may have missed a couple games in there somewhere but I don’t recall. His stats would indicate he didn’t miss much time though.

FrogBall09

Hoover has a 2-3 record as a starter with -0- wins against any team with a winning season, 11 TDs / 8 Ints, and a red zone scoring efficiency that ranks 127th.
That is not anywhere close to the best performance by any QB at any age level.

Passing stats achieved by rolling up yards between the 20s, while falling short on the scoreboard, doesn’t cut it. Hoover’s turnovers in the 2nd half against TT is why we lost, and his Int was a big contributor in the UT loss.

If you just wanna look at stats, Chandler’s are better.
So why should we sign up for another year of what we just saw?
They both are sub par for what we should have at TCU but at least one has the freshman excuse vs being a 4th yr Covid sophomore

However the bigger question is still how did our “amazing at recruiting” staff manage to get TCU in the position where those were our only options?

Wexahu

They both are sub par for what we should have at TCU but at least one has the freshman excuse vs being a 4th yr Covid sophomore

However the bigger question is still how did our “amazing at recruiting” staff manage to get TCU in the position where those were our only options?
Do you really think UTs and OUs QBs are that much better?

The mistake is just looking at our record and saying it’s mostly because of the QB play. I’m not sure there’s any team in the conference who can definitively say their QB situation is much better than ours. Maybe UT, but that’s mainly based on reputation and not on field results. Maybe OU, but they’ve got a 6th year guy that has started about 60 games.

FrogBall09

Do you really think UTs and OUs QBs are that much better?

The mistake is just looking at our record and saying it’s mostly because of the QB play. I’m not sure there’s any team in the conference who can definitively say their QB situation is much better than ours. Maybe UT, but that’s mainly based on reputation and not on field results. Maybe OU, but they’ve got a 6th year guy that has started about 60 games.
You are what your record says you are - and those teams will be 13+ games this year and we will be watching at home

If last year didn’t prove that a qb can make all the difference- I have no idea how to convince you

Wexahu

You are what your record says you are - and those teams will be 13+ games this year and we will be watching at home

If last year didn’t prove that a qb can make all the difference- I have no idea how to convince you

Our QB last year was 14-16 prior to last year. Good thing we didn’t give up on him. Amazing what happens when the play around them improves, isn’t it?

Moose Stuff

Sub par??? You people have lost your scheissing minds. Have you WATCHED one second of the last two games? He’s playing better than the three best QB in the last 75+ years of TCU football at the same stage of their careers.

Moose Stuff

Our QB last year was so bad at one point in his career that we played a game at Kansas (who was horrible) where we basically didn’t let him throw a pass.

Wexahu

Our QB last year was so bad at one point in his career that we played a game at Kansas (who was horrible) where we basically didn’t let him throw a pass.
And that was after he had about 15 college starts, not 5. I remember that game well, I think he had 3 completions, and two of them looked like accidents. Two years later he’s the Heisman runner up.

But let’s act like Hoover’s ceiling is already determined because we’ve lost a few games that he started. SMH.

Moose Stuff

And that was after he had about 15 college starts, not 5. I remember that game well, I think he had 3 completions, and two of them looked like accidents. Two years later he’s the Heisman runner up.

But let’s act like Hoover’s ceiling is already determined because we’ve lost a few games that he started. SMH.
Andy Dalton started 13 games his RS Frosh year and threw for 2459 yards with 10 TD and 11 int.

fanatical frog

One of the games that Josh started and we lost was to the #7 ranked team in the country. Josh completed 24 of 36 passes (66.7%) in that game, two td passes and a 149.9 rating. Should also mention he was playing behind an offensive line that is still in the midst of a steep learning curve.

FrogBall09

Sub par??? You people have lost your scheissing minds. Have you WATCHED one second of the last two games? He’s playing better than the three best QB in the last 75+ years of TCU football at the same stage of their careers.
Did you? You mean the second half comeback against second string D for Texas playing prevent or the performance last week against one of the 5 worst teams in P5?

And Hoover has 2x the upside of Morris but neither are what we should have had to rely on after a CFP run - and that is the coaches fault

Curious as such a baseball expert if you think we should also stay with the recruit HS players and coach them up in that sport hoping for all of them to BT…or go find guys with college success and transfer them in…

Wexahu

Did you? You mean the second half comeback against second string D for Texas playing prevent or the performance last week against one of the 5 worst teams in P5?

And Hoover has 2x the upside of Morris but neither are what we should have had to rely on after a CFP run - and that is the coaches fault

Curious as such a baseball expert if you think we should also stay with the recruit HS players and coach them up in that sport hoping for all of them to BT…or go find guys with college success and transfer them in…
Let’s go find one. Who do you want?

Guarantee you if Hoover decides to transfer there will be many, many teams lining up to take him.

East Coast

Tier 1
Reading the posts half you guys make, you must not watch any other college football at all. Right now, as a RS Freshman, Hoover is an average to slightly above average P5 QB. His biggest weakness is he makes freshman mistakes, which you hope he will grow out of. He is at least as good as Andy Dalton was at this stage, and all Andy did was help lead us to 3 top 10 finishes, 2 NY6 bowls, and an undefeated season!

Chandler was not bad either. I wouldn't put QB play in the top 10 of reasons we are not sitting at 5-6.

Moose Stuff

The fact that you’re attempting to assert that UT was playing prevent defense with their second string for the entire second half makes everything else you have to say beyond meaningless.

And the answer to the last question is both but with the majority of your better players being recruited from HS. Literally every sustainably good team builds their roster that way.