• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at the Little Apple, Wildcat Edition (Oct 21, 2023; 6PM)

LVH

Johnson is not even a good passer...each time (except 1 that I can remember) he has gone down field it hasn't even been close.
Which is why I have been questioning our scheme all game. It's as if we are trying to defend an offense that throws it all over the field

Same story with WVU and ISU. 2 other QBs who couldn't throw and yet we defended them as if they were Dan Marino

Froggy Style

I’m actually more disappointed in Dykes than anyone on the staff. He’s in charge of this mess. Neither coordinator knows what the hell to do. Is as if they took the week off after the last win and went to Cabo.
The offense last week was an aberration against a non 3-3-5. Please note Kstate playing the 3-3-5 against our immobile QB is like us playing against BYU. Briles knows this, which is why he has moved away from Dyke's/Riley's immobile QB strategy with Hejny and Hawkins.

If you don't have a mobile QB, the Air Raid is worthless against the 3-3-5.

Gillespie is built for high school.

agentfrog11

This defense is an embarrassment. We had 3 linemen and 2 linebackers against 5 online and a TE on a 3rd and 3 play. What are we doing? Just like they just said on the TV that KState is totally dominating this game. Awful

LisaLT

Kleiman (spelling?) was a great hire for KSU.

And as much as I like Hoover, you can see the vast difference between this week and last week when protection is an issue. He’s not been accurate under pressure since he has not been exposed to this onslaught (not blaming him). This is where experience and playing time makes a difference.

agentfrog11

Can you imagine if the online figured how the block a blitz? I can’t blame Hoover if he has WRs running 10 yard routes and has a free blitzer on almost every play

LisaLT

Guys it’s not our year. We just don’t have the horses in key positions or experience needed to be at the top of the Big 12. It’s pretty amazing looking back on last year that we went to the championship game. Perhaps we had a LOT of luck on our side last year and none this year lol.

And our coaches have failed miserably.

LisaLT

406 yards of offense for KSU.
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS