I’m wearing this to the next TCU game I attend

schwing GIF

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
A FB post by the Tulsa PD:

1f6a7.png
HEAVY GEN-X TRAFFIC
1f6a7.png

Expect traffic congestion around the University of Tulsa, as they are holding an 80's heavy metal concert tonight featuring Def Leppard, Motley Crue, and Alice Cooper.
We anticipate a large crowd of jean jacket wearing Gen X attendees and a potential for a smaller group of boomers.
Please keep in mind that as this group of rabid fans approach card carrying AARP status, their night vision and reflexes aren't what they used to be.
Please refrain from applying hairspray and eyeliner while driving and be attentive to people crossing the streets.
Be safe and look out for one another.

FrogAbroad

1f6a7.png
HEAVY GEN-X TRAFFIC
1f6a7.png

Expect traffic congestion around the University of Tulsa, as they are holding an 80's heavy metal concert tonight featuring Def Leppard, Motley Crue, and Alice Cooper.
We anticipate a large crowd of jean jacket wearing Gen X attendees and a potential for a smaller group of boomers.
Please keep in mind that as this group of rabid fans approach card carrying AARP status, their night vision and reflexes aren't what they used to be.
Please refrain from applying hairspray and eyeliner while driving and be attentive to people crossing the streets.
The tour is coming through El Paso on Friday, which should add more confusion and stress to what appears to be interminable random I-10 road modifications.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

1f6a7.png
HEAVY GEN-X TRAFFIC
1f6a7.png

Hey Tulsa PD - GenXer here. Really honored you took the time to carve out a backhanded slap at us for getting old. Makes us feel special. While you're at it, how bout fixing your meth problem so I can see another city on The First 48 sometimes. Thx bye.

Horny 4 Life

Not to big time y’all but I am less than 15 minutes from having a grand office lunch catered by Dickey’s BBQ. I don’t even have to pay for it. Living large in Dallas today, folks.

Is Dickey's still decent in Texas? Lord knows all the ones I've visited outside of Texas are terrible.

Ron Swanson

No. It's trash and I judge you if you eat there, especially if you live in the south.
I was down in Clear Lake at a customer‘s office the other day and I offered to take them to lunch. They said there’s a little barbecue place around the corner we like, so I said let’s go. We get there and it’s a Dickeys. I rolled my eyes when we got there and couldn’t believe that is where they picked.

I will say though, it wasn’t like your normal franchise location. I almost wondered if it was the original or something. It looked real old and was real small. It wasn’t great but wasn’t terrible.

tcudoc

I was down in Clear Lake at a customer‘s office the other day and I offered to take them to lunch. They said there’s a little barbecue place around the corner we like, so I said let’s go. We get there and it’s a Dickeys. I rolled my eyes when we got there and couldn’t believe that is where they picked.

I will say though, it wasn’t like your normal franchise location. I almost wondered if it was the original or something. It looked real old and was real small. It wasn’t great but wasn’t terrible.
People can be pretty picky about BBQ, but it’s like a few other things in life. Bad BBQ is still usually better than no bbq at all.

froginmn

I could see someone with they/them pronouns liking Dickeys.

4 Oaks Frog

Used to be a place that I believe started in Waco (sorry for using that word) and there were a couple up this way. I believe it was called Underwood’s. It was a long time ago, and I think I remember it to be pretty good!

The best BBQ that doesn’t exist anymore was a place called Lone Star. Forget all else. It was the best BBQ brisket ever and potato salad was legendary. Some of my fellow gray Frogs may remember it…