• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: BREAKING: TCU hires Kendal Briles as new offensive coordinator

Dogfrog

1) That he was wrong to be part of a system that covered up and otherwise minimized sexual assault.
2) That he was wrong to protest the firing of Art Briles after all of those allegations came to light.
Wrong for being part of a system? What role did he individually play in it? Wrong for putting his dad’s initials on his knuckles? Wrong for having a father of dubious ethics?

Chad Morris might have been on Dykes’ candidate short list if Chandler was not on the team. Morris checks off many of the same boxes as Briles — “strong Texas ties for recruiting efforts, a quarterback coaching background, and a successful coordinator that has shown good success balancing a passing and rushing attack.”

Last edited:

ReedFrawg

Wrong for being part of a system? What role did he individually play in it? Wrong for putting his dad’s initials on his knuckles? Wrong for having a father of dubious ethics?

That’s all well and good now that we are hiring him…but no one here was defending the Briles family 7-8 years ago.

Frogs1983

question, if the issue w howard is/was simply a matter of money and that amount is a fairly sizable amount for someone that has thrown all of 4 passes in his college career how did sonny and the frogs blow it?
Yeh, plus no guarantee he would have been the starting QB for TCU this season. Morris wouldn't relinquish w/o a fight.

Zubaz

For all the sexual assault that was going on down there, I'm not sure anyone was actually convicted of sexual assault, were they?
Yes, they were. Tevin Elliott got a 20 year sentence, Sam Ukwuachu (sp?) was convicted as well. And that's without getting in to the notoriously difficult issues surrounding actually getting a sexual assault conviction, so it wouldn't include cases like Oakman, who was charged but ultimately acquitted.

froginmn

For all the sexual assault that was going on down there, I'm not sure anyone was actually convicted of sexual assault, were they?

I don't know what actually happened, but apologizing or admitting wrongdoing for things that happened that didn't really happen the way it's being alleged would not be easy.
It's pure comedy that this board is suddenly becoming the biggest defenders of the Baylor [ Finebaum ] show.

Yep, they were lily white.

Dogfrog

That’s all well and good now that we are hiring him…but no one here was defending the Briles family 7-8 years ago.
Nobody was defending Baylor. With all those rapes everybody knew there was something bad going on down there. Lots of people rolled everybody into the mix including Kaz and Kendal, because we already hated them before that started.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Would be a lot smarter to just ignore it IMO.

The angst will pass over pretty quickly if I had a guess.
Hiring a douchy asst coach isn’t going to change my alma mater or my support for it.
If he puts up points and Ws, I’m guessing by November no one will care.

I Have No Idea Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

Wexahu

Some of that is college football fans being college football fans.

Do you think there would have been the same amount of outrage if the EXACT same things were alleged and Art and Baylor were finishing 9th in the Big 12 every year? If the answer is no, and I think it clearly is, then at least part of the outrage was that they were beating teams that weren't used to getting beat by Baylor.

Rifframbahzoo20

Do you think there would have been the same amount of outrage if the EXACT same things were alleged and Art and Baylor were finishing 9th in the Big 12 every year? If the answer is no, and I think it clearly is, then at least part of the outrage was that they were beating teams that weren't used to getting beat by Baylor.
I for one would have been just as bothered by it if it was Colorado

Mean Purple

Dude, that was a lot of rapage going on down there. I think it would have been just as bad if the were 1 -11. Those accounts are heartbreaking.

Eight

The hypocrisy is just amazing. I wonder what we would all be saying if smu was hiring him as their OC. Just admit that it’s about winning and it doesn’t matter who we bring in…some people care and others don’t.

when has it not been about winning since the frogs were left for dead when the swc broke up?

some of you have a whitewashed view of the last couple of decades and don't use the baylor scandal as a bench mark

[ Finebaum ] has gone on in this program before and got excused and pushed aside because gary was winning

if i recall correctly we are told a sin is a sin