• The KillerFrogs

Georgia away games

McDawg

TX Whisky is pretty popular because it’s made in town. They make a blend and then a couple varietals of bourbon.
Need to try some other bourbons.
Weller
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig
Maybe some Buffalo Trace.
Blantons ($$)
Larceny ain’t a terrible choice either.

One thing Dawgs can do exceptionally well is drink good bourbons. They’ll drink it near or maybe with a ice ball or maybe a splash of spring water.

froginmn

Ah well I can see that actually lol. But nope, actual woman here. But don’t let that make you be nice or anything.
Valley Girl Hair Flip GIF by Freedomists
We're pretty polite until you start coming in here and patting us on the head and giving backhanded compliments as if we can't compete.

The Michigan visitors did that in spades.

And learned their lesson...

Make CFB Great Again

Ticket Exchange Pass
Weller
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig
Blantons ($$)

One thing Dawgs can do exceptionally well is drink good bourbons. They’ll drink it near or maybe with a ice ball or maybe a splash of spring water.

I believe I’ve had all on your list at some point in time except the Angels Envy. I know you said no blending, but a campus restaurant, Buffalo Bros., makes a frozen bourbon and coke called a Frosty Buffalo with Buffalo Trace and it is delicious.

kodiak

Dude.
1) If that’s bottom shelf….you must have a cabinet full of Pappy.
2) Mixing isn’t allowed. Ever.

What’s the preferred bourbon in Ft Worth?
Not sure about Fort Worth. I am more Central Texas. Special reserve is about $40 a handle when you find it. I keep some Early Times bottled in bond on hand otherwise. The good bourbon is for sipping and cigar smokin’. Mrs. Kodiak is a Tennessee Volunteer and it’s Jack and Coke for her.

McDawg

Not sure about Fort Worth. I am more Central Texas. Special reserve is about $40 a handle when you find it. I keep some Early Times bottled in bond on hand otherwise. The good bourbon is for sipping and cigar smokin’. Mrs. Kodiak is a Tennessee Volunteer and it’s Jack and Coke for her.

$40 is a steal. Bought a handle two days ago $50 and that’s the lowest I’ve seen it, when I’ve seen it.
For what is worth tho, Jack is a whiskey and not a bourbon; it’s a “Tennesse whiskey” and could technically be a bourbon but JD doesn’t classify itself as a bourbon.

kodiak

$40 is a steal. Bought a handle two days ago $50 and that’s the lowest I’ve seen it, when I’ve seen it.
For what is worth tho, Jack is a whiskey and not a bourbon; it’s a “Tennesse whiskey” and could technically be a bourbon but JD doesn’t classify itself as a bourbon.

Aware of the difference. Just her football drink. Which was excessive after loss to UG)

06DallasFrog

Weller
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig
Blantons ($$)

I feel like Eagle Rare is one of the most over rated bourbons you can find. Angel's Envy is favorite.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Weller
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig
Blantons ($$)

Weller is my favorite bourbon.

McDawg

I feel like Eagle Rare is one of the most over rated bourbons you can find. Angel's Envy is favorite.

That’s interesting you say that about Eagle Rare.

Best bourbon I’ve ever had tho?
Polk County Tennessee,
21 year old. Aged in a charred barrel by a friend who runs a horse sale barn. It was as as good as any single barrel Blantons or 12yr Weller. Ya gotta figure all bourbons start out as moonshine anyway.

Attachments

• B4DA2276-CEE7-4F93-87BD-4CACABB8EA05.jpeg
    B4DA2276-CEE7-4F93-87BD-4CACABB8EA05.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
Tell me about this years TCU team.

Duggan has our massive respect.
He’s a warrior. But I don’t know much more about the Frogs. I’ll listen.

First, welcome. I spent every other week in Atlanta for 10 years for a past job and considered it my second home. I became a big Georgia fan then, and still like y'all, but I've heard y'all are becoming insufferably cocky like Alabama fans. Tell me it ain't true?

In terms of what to expect... Defensively, I think we'll come out playing a soft shell 3-3-5 just to see how we match up in the secondary. If we like what we see, I expect a lot of stunt blitzes. Our DL proved they can hold their own with a good OL against Michigan, allowing our LBs to fly through gaps and make plays. We are going to try to hit the [ Finebaum ] out of Stetson Bennett. I don't mean that in a dirty way, but punishing the QB is part of the deal when you play a 3-3-5. Our safeties (Bud Clark and Millard "Nook" Bradford, in particular) are playmakers. I think they were the key to the Michigan game, as they brought a level of speed that JJ had never seen and after that first pick 6 he started questioning how much spacing was enough to make throws he was used to. I don't think we'll have that luxury with Stetson, so our best bet is to rattle him with LBs and let those safeties drop to contend the deep shots. I worry about Stetson getting out of the pocket and making some easy 5-10 yard runs to the sideline. We need to force him to scramble up the middle so we can get some shots on him.

On offense, IMO, the whole thing is reliant on the Duggan read-run game. We have to establish it early, getting 3-4 yards per attempt. On the outside, QJ is a beast who will beat you for a long ball at least once. Savion has some good chemistry with Max on back shoulder fades that I'd expect on first down once we get inside the 15.

McDawg

First, welcome. I spent every other week in Atlanta for 10 years for a past job and considered it my second home. I became a big Georgia fan then, and still like y'all, but I've heard y'all are becoming insufferably cocky like Alabama fans. Tell me it ain't true?

In terms of what to expect... Defensively, I think we'll come out playing a soft shell 3-3-5 just to see how we match up in the secondary. If we like what we see, I expect a lot of stunt blitzes. Our DL proved they can hold their own with a good OL against Michigan, allowing our LBs to fly through gaps and make plays. We are going to try to hit the [ Finebaum ] out of Stetson Bennett. I don't mean that in a dirty way, but punishing the QB is part of the deal when you play a 3-3-5. Our safeties (Bud Clark and Millard "Nook" Bradford, in particular) are playmakers. I think they were the key to the Michigan game, as they brought a level of speed that JJ had never seen and after that first pick 6 he started questioning how much spacing was enough to make throws he was used to. I don't think we'll have that luxury with Stetson, so our best bet is to rattle him with LBs and let those safeties drop to contend the deep shots. I worry about Stetson getting out of the pocket and making some easy 5-10 yard runs to the sideline. We need to force him to scramble up the middle so we can get some shots on him.

On offense, IMO, the whole thing is reliant on the Duggan read-run game. We have to establish it early, getting 3-4 yards per attempt. On the outside, QJ is a beast who will beat you for a long ball at least once. Savion has some good chemistry with Max on back shoulder fades that I'd expect on first down once we get inside the 15.

Thank you sir. Informative.
And yea, that 3-3-5 is definitely interesting. I don’t think I have seen that in a minute. Definitely not this year.

Frog Attack II

Weller
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig
Blantons ($$)

Good list although not a huge fan of Elijah... I'd throw in Basil Hayden or Jefferson's Reserve instead. Also like some Bulleit (for the bite) at deer camp.

A Texas one that I love is Garrison Brothers... made in Texas Hill Country with the water that they collect (rain) on-site. Supposedly, the guy learned his trade from the Buffalo Trace folks after losing most of his $ because his company's main customer at the time was Enron... he got bummed and decided to head to KY to wash away his sorrows. Lol

An-Cap Frog

Weller
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Elijah Craig
Blantons ($$)

Yum...try some Belle Meade Reserve. Based on the flavor profile above, I bet you would like.

Texas does have Garrison Brothers (their cowboy bourbon is 67.5% ABV), Balcones, as well as TX. There is a place by me...suburban Chicago...that has all three on their menu.

Hemingway

That’s interesting you say that about Eagle Rare.

Best bourbon I’ve ever had tho?
Polk County Tennessee,
21 year old. Aged in a charred barrel by a friend who runs a horse sale barn. It was as as good as any single barrel Blantons or 12yr Weller. Ya gotta figure all bourbons start out as moonshine anyway.
You drive around with that. That’s awesome and terrifying