• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Wildcats

Eight

On more than one occasion a defensive player made a nice play for no gain or a loss (yes, that actually happened believe it or not) and the other players didn’t even acknowledge it. No reaction whatsoever, just turned around and miserably loped into position for the next play. No fire whatsoever. The culture on this team is absolutely awful.

been fired twice in my life. mentioned the second time the other day when new management cleared the office

first time i had some early success with the firm, got into some bad habits and really hadn't developed a solid, consistent process that kept me focused each day. when the slow stretch hit that always happens in sales i looked for the reasons why i didn't get each sale instead of looking at what i needed to correct in me.

what made it worse was there were a few other guys in the office who fell into similar habits and instead of helping each other get out of the slump we just compounded it. this was the sales manager who told me you see opportunities or look for problems and if you can't see the opportunities you need to look for another place to work

when management (i.e. the coaches) aren't held to any standard of true accountability and the best players aren't always playing it doesn't take much to sour the water

CM Frog

On more than one occasion a defensive player made a nice play for no gain or a loss (yes, that actually happened believe it or not) and the other players didn’t even acknowledge it. No reaction whatsoever, just turned around and miserably loped into position for the next play. No fire whatsoever. The culture on this team is absolutely awful.
Yep- besides the 1st half of BU in 20 when was the last time we were flying to the ball and gang tackling. Very similar to what UT has dealt with for years

Eight

Don't bother reading Drew Davidson's article about the game. Obviously the kid gloves were on post-game.

any shock? who was the last person in the media who asked gary a truly challenging question and then waited for the answer

any guess how many times gary and the program get mentioned in next weeks game notes? the entire program is in a bubble and if you try to poke a hole in that bubble you become persona non grata

Mean Purple

these problems have been here before the nil and part of it comes from a staff that walks around knowing they are immune to accountability
for sure. just pointing out what some may not realize. If we want to get back on track, some players will need to be encouraged to move elsewhere.

players that are not all in, and we have quite few, cant be here. that type of attitude gets beyond coachable. and some of those are popular with fans, so ...

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Don't bother reading Drew Davidson's article about the game. Obviously the kid gloves were on post-game.

Classic GP:

“You’re inside the 5 three times — you’ve got to score,” TCU coach Gary Patterson said. “Defensively, it came down to five plays. The defense played well besides that. You can’t give up the big plays. We held them scoreless in the third quarter. It got us back in the ball game blitzing. The kids fought.”

Asked if there were any concerns about the team’s effort, Patterson said: “Oh no. I think our kids fought hard today.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article255373176.html#storylink=cpy

Prime BEEF

Classic GP:

“You’re inside the 5 three times — you’ve got to score,” TCU coach Gary Patterson said. “Defensively, it came down to five plays. The defense played well besides that. You can’t give up the big plays. We held them scoreless in the third quarter. It got us back in the ball game blitzing. The kids fought.”

Asked if there were any concerns about the team’s effort, Patterson said: “Oh no. I think our kids fought hard today.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article255373176.html#storylink=cpy
Yeah this is just sad. He’s clueless or lying. Neither is a good look. Someone really needs call him out on that BS. Wish the media had a spine. Oh well, they’ll get more opportunities after the Baylor game.