• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Short Lines for Beer Edition

Pharm Frog

very. I knew when they overturned Max's td (and I don't think they really had enough to do so by the way. but we knew the conf would step in at some point) that we were in deep trouble. Cumbie showed up in full Cumbie mode. His name must be a translation for insanity.

so you didn’t want to run the damn ball?

Frostie

oh, yay! so when is the parade and trophy presentation for the moral victories?
Nwe
the issue for me is not a singular loss no more than a singular win over texas validates things are headed in the right direction.

the issue is the continued pattern of on field mistakes by the offense that we have seen over the last 3 seasons regardless if the frogs had freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors on the field.

the issue is a lack of fundamental skills at key positions that simply have not been developed and/or applied as well as no apparent overall coherent plan for the offense the past 3 seasons.

the issue is the entire matter with alex delton being forced into an offense he didn't fit, a passive mindset in an offensive line when the strength of your offense is your running backs, and things such as sonny being trotted out after the smu game.
I dont disagree with a single word you just stated, the HC does need to make changes on the offensive side, my point is he is the best Coach we have ever had, however he does need to fix some things, but he should not be on the hot seat. We are dang lucky he has stuck with us, a lot of you need to take off your purple glasses, we are not the type of school talented HCs put on their destination lists!

Mean Purple

You hit the nail on the head with the lack of S&C. I can tell you the program at TCU is woeful. The off-season programs are a joke. what I’ve seen at TCU is laughable. High schools have better S&C programs.
Such lack of push by the O line in a 3rd OT! When their D should be gassed. Just unreal. Get rid of that stupid walt Disney freeze chamber and get another weight bench.

Mean Purple

Nwe

I dont disagree with a single word you just stated, the HC does need to make changes on the offensive side, my point is he is the best Coach we have ever had, however he does need to fix some things, but he should not be on the hot seat. We are dang lucky he has stuck with us, a lot of you need to take off your purple glasses, we are not the type of school talented HCs put on their destination lists!
We had a coach that brought a national championship.

Eight

Nwe

there is no way i can agree with this line of thinking.

the man has been given every freaking thing he has asked for and then some. he is allowed to act however he wants, and is damn well paid for doing this.

yes, he has built this program but the key to a long term relationship is not one party worshiping the ground the other walks on, but both parties having a mutual respect.

both recognizing they are there to make each other better and right now gary is getting the much better of the deal.

smufrogger

rcvrs were way better when Meach was here.
All the big stars we got don't make consistent catches. They run wrong routes. They don't block.
just unreal.
Patterson in comments last week saying how everybody comes up saying "put me in, I can make it" and Patterson looks for reasons not to put them in. Always some excuse. What's his excuse for letting 36 seconds just run off the clock at the end of the game.?
That lack of blocking is completely inexcusable. And not finishing a route should warrant benching the receiver

TCU_91

there is no way i can agree with this line of thinking.

the man has been given every freaking thing he has asked for and then some. he is allowed to act however he wants, and is damn well paid for doing this.

yes, he has built this program but the key to a long term relationship is not one party worshiping the ground the other walks on, but both parties having a mutual respect.

both recognizing they are there to make each other better and right now gary is getting the much better of the deal.

Actually for the past couple of years.

But I agree.

Tumbleweed

This game w/ Baylor, Gary was wanting to justify his national reputation as a good head coach and a great defensive mind.

If Gary does not retire w/n three weeks at the end of the regular season, then few changes to the staff will take place.