• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Short Lines for Beer Edition

Eight

i don't trust that the fixes that need to be made will be made simply because this is a program rotting from inbred thinking and no room for true outside input.

yes, the offense failed, but the failure was way beyond sonny.

receivers that continue to run bad routes and execute basic catches. wells has made acrobat catches and then drops a wide open touchdown. reagor can make the leaping catch last week in stillwater and misses the sliding catch in the end zone.

i can't believe the players are being held to a standard during the week and then revert come game day.

the offensive line didn't go to [ Finebaum ] simply because lucas isn't there. maybe some players are hurt, but this didn't look like a matter of not knowing who to block. it looked like players physically getting whipped and you have one underclassmen.

is that teaching? scheme? the s&c program?

i don't know and i don't need to know. my concern however is that there is no device in this program to get an honest and accurate gauge of what is being done in every aspect of the program.

the fear is that we will just fall back to "what we did back in the days when we won " and not take an honest view which really isn't the fault of the staff.

the two offensive analyst on the staff are tied to the program. burns has worked here 10+ years and gary gave him a soft landing spot as an analyst. savino hasn't been anywhere else but since he came to tcu to play.

where do the new ideas come from? who tells the truth instead of reconfirming the status quo?

as moose points out this team could easily be 7-2 but pissed away multiple games and those issues aren't fixed simply by only firing sonny and not making some big internal changes

MTfrog5

That was the big 12 protecting an undefeated. They was not indisputable. Screw job.
Posted about that in the first quarter. Jeremy Clark talked about it two weeks ago. Not saying he didn’t deserve some of those calls, but Baylor should have been flagged a ton more on their line

ThisIsOurTime

Tough way to lose. I feel bad for a number of players who really were putting in a good showing. Washington, Hodges-Tomlinson, Olonilua, Sandy, Song, etc. This will get lost in the result as there are tons of other errors made by players and coaches to dwell on. Also, a gutty performance by Max with the hurt finger but again his 2 picks loomed large. In the end, it is a loss to a rival in a game that in past years we would have been able to finish off before OT.

Mean Purple

i don't trust that the fixes that need to be made will be made simply because this is a program rotting from inbred thinking and no room for true outside input.

yes, the offense failed, but the failure was way beyond sonny.

receivers that continue to run bad routes and execute basic catches. wells has made acrobat catches and then drops a wide open touchdown. reagor can make the leaping catch last week in stillwater and misses the sliding catch in the end zone.

i can't believe the players are being held to a standard during the week and then revert come game day.

the offensive line didn't go to [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] simply because lucas isn't there. maybe some players are hurt, but this didn't look like a matter of not knowing who to block. it looked like players physically getting whipped and you have one underclassmen.

is that teaching? scheme? the s&c program?

i don't know and i don't need to know. my concern however is that there is no device in this program to get an honest and accurate gauge of what is being done in every aspect of the program.

the fear is that we will just fall back to "what we did back in the days when we won " and not take an honest view which really isn't the fault of the staff.

the two offensive analyst on the staff are tied to the program. burns has worked here 10+ years and gary gave him a soft landing spot as an analyst. savino hasn't been anywhere else but since he came to tcu to play.

where do the new ideas come from? who tells the truth instead of reconfirming the status quo?

as moose points out this team could easily be 7-2 but pissed away multiple games and those issues aren't fixed simply by only firing sonny and not making some big internal changes
If we dont get a bowl game, GP should be on the hot seat. AD should put him on notice and let him know that is with firing Bumbie, burns, etc.

Eight

I hope Baylor makes playoffs just so Patterson can wake up

all gary has done is dig in deeper and the really sad thing is there is potential for this program but sins in the past and a reluctance to change and move out of comfort zones impedes the growth and development

Eight

the officials might have blown the call on duggan's run, but that still doesn't address the fact the frogs still had the ball on the scheissing 1 yard line and ended up with a desperation heave from the 14 on 4th down.

two years of committment in the s&c program to get bigger, stronger, more physical. an offensive line of 3 seniors, 2 fifth year seniors, and 4th year junior and you don't have the mindset or the ability to gain 12 scheissing inches on 4 plays.

that problem isn't merely sonny cumbie's but a program issue