• The KillerFrogs

OT- any of you tech geniuses wanna explain this ATT outage junk?!

Horned Toad

I think if you bounced your router you probably lost both internet and TV. Many came home today and did just what the screen on their TV told them to do. They restarted their routers. If you didn’t, you likely have internet but no TV. Don’t restart your router until you know service is fully restored if you do have internet or you are likely to lose it.

Shorty

The communication has been piss poor. Nothing beyond copy pasting the same "there's been a fire that may be affecting service to some customers" since this morning. I'd be content to know it will be scheissed up for days because I work from home and need to make plans.

f_399

I don’t mind not having internet at home.

It’s the internet for the office that’s more of an issue when everything nowadays runs on the internet

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
This means some of the structure is still in place and that they’re able to roll it back out slowly.

Not to sound like a dick, but nut up, y’all lol. I’ve been without electricity for longer than this thanks to a storm. And that’s with Oncor being precisely prepared for that type of situation. And AT&T wasn’t.
Oh I don't care one way or the other, nothing to nut up about. It's just funny.

TCURiggs

giphy.gif

Pharm Frog

Spectrum just earned my business.

Spectrum has been working overtime to lose my business. Been waiting on a line tech for over seven weeks. They won’t come until there’s no “outage in my area.” Well there’s never been a time when there’s NOT been an outage in my area according to their customer service line when I’ve called. And...they automatically cancel the service request when “the outage in my area” has been resolved even though my needs have nothing to do with a specific outage. Only good news is that they’ve been okay with me not paying my bill for two months now and they are good at apologizing.

froginaustin

Spectrum lost our business. Too many hiccups that made one or more router resets necessary, each taking about 20 minutes, with the hope but not the certainty that a reset will fix the problem. If several resets won't fix, contact customer service by phone. Customer service is very confused because we are not calling in, on the phone line that is dead. After a long period of time, Spectrum resets from their end, and service is back for a few weeks. And then there was the periodic "adjustment" of our bill, requiring time-consuming and strong phone discussions with representatives that started out chirpy-cheerful but became increasingly irritated until the call was bounced to another rep.

Switched to Googlefiber. Technology is amazing, and we have not suffered an outage since August of 2017. But when we had problems, no one at Google had a clue what the problem was or how to fix it. We had service restored, as far as I can tell, because after eleven (11) trips through Googlefiber's v-mail hell a tech (claimed to be a tech anyway) no doubt guessed what the problem and the fix was.

Can't live with modern internet/tv/phone service; can't live without 'em.