• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread - Part 2

MinFrog

And an ArDarius Washington CB to the Frogs (not from JC). Flip from LSU.

I'm maybe following this stuff a little too closely.
But right before that CB there was one for Corbin to FSU. Corbin would be icing on the cake, but would also setup our RB situation nicely for the next few years.

TX_Krötenechse

Unless, of course, the coaches know there is nothing to worry about.
My take is that he probably has bad grades and MSU was a little iffy on him, but GP and co knew he could get them up in his last semester. He’s got until August to get his grades sorted after all.

Corbin would be fantastic - he and Franklin would be great together - but I’m geissing he’ll still end up at FSU

ShreveFrog

Could Taye Barber move to RB? That’s what he played in high school. Looks like you’ve gotta be a super stud to get on the field at WR for us in future, as we are adding prime talent there, plus a chance at Chase, to go with Reagor, Manning, etc.

Punter1

Right now it looks like it's a 50/50 bet that we either get Corbin and Franklin or neither of them. Better have a Plan C and D.

MinFrog

I took a quick look and couldn't see a way to download some of the rankings to an excel spreadsheet, but it seems to me that skill players get much higher rankings than they should.

This comes from a comment on the 247 board that we are loaded with highly ranked skill players, but not as many in the trenches. But it seems that way for every school, right?

Assuming a normal distribution (and we can argue what a ranking really means, much like what MVP means - best player or most valuable) there should be 1 QB for every 22 players (so approx. 5 in the top 100) and 5 OL for every 22 (or approx. 23 in the top 100) and my guess is that it is nowhere near that.

I guess my point is that skill player rankings seem inflated and trench guys seem deflated. Just an observation, nothing about TCU specifically.

FrogLifeYo

I took a quick look and couldn't see a way to download some of the rankings to an excel spreadsheet, but it seems to me that skill players get much higher rankings than they should.

This comes from a comment on the 247 board that we are loaded with highly ranked skill players, but not as many in the trenches. But it seems that way for every school, right?

Assuming a normal distribution (and we can argue what a ranking really means, much like what MVP means - best player or most valuable) there should be 1 QB for every 22 players (so approx. 5 in the top 100) and 5 OL for every 22 (or approx. 23 in the top 100) and my guess is that it is nowhere near that.

I guess my point is that skill player rankings seem inflated and trench guys seem deflated. Just an observation, nothing about TCU specifically.

Trench players are mostly a developed position. Most stars for trenchers are simply built around their physical measurables because evaluating those guys is more difficult to do.