• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

MinFrog

Get the coffee ready, this is the last weekend before signing day and I believe that Monday begins a dead period.

It seems like coaches expect as much as 80% or commits to sign.

This class is very solid right now, with the chance to be great. Christmas come early boys.

Moose Stuff

Get the coffee ready, this is the last weekend before signing day and I believe that Monday begins a dead period.

It seems like coaches expect as much as 80% or commits to sign.

This class is very solid right now, with the chance to be great. Christmas come early boys.

Arguably the most exciting weekend of TCU football recruiting ever coming up this weekend (and the few days to follow).

Moose Stuff

I also feel like the month and a half between the two signing periods could be crazy. I’m expecting a big majority of “committed” kids to sign early and basically anyone who doesn’t is uncommitted. So basically you’re almost starting over with a 6 week window, limited targets, and limited scholarships available. Has a chance to be some perverted combination of a feeding frenzy meets musical chairs.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks

It's crazy how many kids don't understand this. In my UTEP days we had a kid on an official visit and he was about to commit. Decided to get trashed on his visit and try to fight some other recruits. Sent home on the first flight the next morning and offer pulled. Just shows it takes a lot to get an offer but very little to take one away.

MinFrog

I also feel like the month and a half between the two signing periods could be crazy. I’m expecting a big majority of “committed” kids to sign early and basically anyone who doesn’t is uncommitted. So basically you’re almost starting over with a 6 week window, limited targets, and limited scholarships available. Has a chance to be some perverted combination of a feeding frenzy meets musical chairs.

I would imagine the thought is that you sign your core 3* and 4* guys then leave a few slots open to hopefully get a few elite guys or you sign some projects at the end.

pgdaly84

After seeing Graham was transferring, I looked at our commits from 2016 on ESPN. Here is the list of 4 Star recruits and their contributions:

Austin Meyers: Expected to be in the 2-deep as an OT in 2018

Isaiah Graham: Transferred after barely playing

Ryan Parker: Never played

Isaiah Chambers: Never played

Tyree Horton: Never played

Sewo: Played some. Showing signs but has mostly been an average college running back so far

Taj Williams: Leading receiver in 2016. Went completely MIA in 2017 due to alleged bad practicing habits and attitude problems.

Ross Blacklock: Beast. Probably a future All American and high draft pick.

Just shows you what a giant crap shoot recruiting really is.