• The KillerFrogs

Glad to see Shawn Robinson start for TCU

Tshirt Fan

Mid-range passes looked sharp.
Rushing was excellent.
Option needs work.
Downfield pass results were mixed, the wind have may played a part, but showed a glimmer of great potential.

Would like to see coaches protect Robinson more, because we need him healthy if we want to have a chance to beat Baylor and win the conference championship.
Pretty sure LHCGMFP would like a second shot at Oklahoma minus the Obama ref.

Screenshot_20170512-104332.jpg

BleedNPurple

This begs the question...who is officiating the Big12 Championship game?

My thought exactly - is it going to be the crooked ones that let OU O Line hold and use hand to the face the whole game and then call a hold on TCU after we score with 30 seconds left in the game or the refs that allow a top senior QB get targeted and hit in the head and not call it? I don’t know if we can get a fair game for the Championship?

Frogs1983

The raw physical talent is obvious with Robinson. Yeh he needs to protect the ball better. Yeh his passing needs some work(wind I'm sure was a detrimental factor).All in all to come away with a win at Lubbock(pretty tough environment) is impressive.
I am excited about the future of TCU football with him at QB.

SwissArmyFrog

He was mostly very accurate, particularly long throws, given the wind challenges (remember 2 or 3 long ones that were off).

Think the coaches may have asked him to put a lot of arc on the longer throws - reminded me at times of Foster Sawyer at OU in 2015.

FROG PARENTS 1961

The raw physical talent is obvious with Robinson. Yeh he needs to protect the ball better. Yeh his passing needs some work(wind I'm sure was a detrimental factor).All in all to come away with a win at Lubbock(pretty tough environment) is impressive.
I am excited about the future of TCU football with him at QB.
Needs to protect the ball better is an understatement. Overall very excited about SR

FROG PARENTS 1961

I'm concerned with his injury history. He may be a guy that gets nicked up constantly. Didn't he injure his hip during the high school championship game? anyone.
Today he hurt his right hip (throwing arm side) and later hurt his right shoulder. Hope he is tough as he plays but he obviously left the run option game for the pass game in wild west windy conditions...and still looked good.

TooColdU

I'm concerned with his injury history. He may be a guy that gets nicked up constantly. Didn't he injure his hip during the high school championship game? anyone.
Today he hurt his right hip (throwing arm side) and later hurt his right shoulder. Hope he is tough as he plays but he obviously left the run option game for the pass game in wild west windy conditions...and still looked good.

He’s a tough dude. He’ll be okay. It just looked like a bunch of little injuries that linger when you’re not used to getting hit.

Hopefully he’ll learn that as a QB at this level, you can’t consistently take that kind of punishmen....even if you’re built like a tank.

SwissArmyFrog

Announcers were all over the ‘he hurt his hip’ stuff, saying he got hit by Tech players. Even after the reply showed they barely touched him. Duh. If he hurt himself he did a good job of disguising it.

Think he came down hard on his shoulder on the play that Tech should have been called on, but he shook it off.

Don’t think he had anything other than standard bumps and bruises, even with some of the tumbles he took.

SuperTFrog

I can’t tell if y’all are serious. He was probably 0 for 8 on passes longer than 20 Yards Down the field. Saying he was very accurate, particularly on long throws shows a blind devotion. Go back and watch the game and tell me how many he completed over twenty yards?

I was at the game so I may be misremembering, but it seemed like he missed everyone deep. Doesn’t really matter because I am about to settle in to some cocktails at the hotel bar.

Go Frogs!

FROG PARENTS 1961

I can’t tell if y’all are serious. He was probably 0 for 8 on passes longer than 20 Yards Down the field. Saying he was very accurate, particularly on long throws shows a blind devotion. Go back and watch the game and tell me how many he completed over twenty yards?

I was at the game so I may be misremembering, but it seemed like he missed everyone deep. Doesn’t really matter because I am about to settle in to some [ the old ricardo ]tails at the hotel bar.

Go Frogs!
dilly dilly to the old ricardo tails, but seriously try to throw into swirling winds. Robinson is the man.

TX_Krötenechse

I think he hit one 20+ yarder and had another to Reagor that was a perfect pass, but Reagor came down just out of bounds.

He didn’t pass well - he only completed six all day. But he showed a ton of potential, and the wind was no doubt a factor (for Shimonek as well who was less accurate than normal).

Chongo94

I was at the game so I may be misremembering, but it seemed like he missed everyone deep. Doesn’t really matter because I am about to settle in to some [ the old ricardo ]tails at the hotel bar.

Go Frogs!

He overthrew a couple but other than that, the ball was usually right there on the money. The WRs either didn't make the catch or it was contested and the db's knocked the ball away.

Latest posts