• The KillerFrogs

Kenny Hill

P

purplePPO

I will miss the OP post next year when KH graduates. He won't have to defend S.Robinson next year. He will be much better than KH. We'll see about KH. Today he did ok against a soft SMU defense. If he does the same or better next week then I will give kudos. Go Frogs!

Joe1000

I think Kenny played really well tonight. Doesn't change my opinion that he won't lead us to playoffs because he simply doesn't have "it". But...we have to be fair in our analysis- he played a really good game today. Congrats iFrog. Enjoy these days/wins, we are all rooting for him.

ifrog

Not sure we could consider him a mobile QB, at least not the mobile QB we are used to seeing. He manages the game though and is good on short passes.

Receivers help with yards after the catch

With that logic I'm not sure that you can consider anyone in the country (outside of Lamar Jackson) a mobile QB if you are comparing Hill to Boykin.

Receivers do help but they also drop passes. TCU led the country in dropped passes last year. There were some critical drops today right?

maximilian

If he can do that every game it will be a good year, no denying that.

I know what you meant by this, but if Kenny has this stat line for the conference slate, he'd end up with 4,022 yards and 44 TDS for the year. That'd be pretty alright by me.

I know the hail Mary was luck, but we were driving several other times, with guys like Morris and Turpin turning the ball over. I had full confidence in Kenny today.

ifrog

I will miss the OP post next year when KH graduates. He won't have to defend S.Robinson next year. He will be much better than KH. We'll see about KH. Today he did ok against a soft SMU defense. If he does the same or better next week then I will give kudos. Go Frogs!

I am a supporter of TCU players and I'll support Robinson 100% and defend him when it's not warranted. Check my posts from last year and this year. Nowhere have I said that Hill is great. But he doesn't deserve the criticism that he gets. It's partly Boykins fault because you guys think that Hill can fill those shoes. He had to deal with similar fans that thought he was the next Manziel. The bottom line is that some of you are spoiled fans. It's posts like this that I laugh at. He is OUR QB - it's actually pathetic that I have to stick up for the home teams QB with these stats and the leader of an undefeated team.

Last edited:

Brog

There was an old man a few rows up hating on Kenny all day. Oh Kenny! Why the hell? Kenny this and Kenny that. I'm trying to figure out which one of you numbnuts is him.

Kenny was exceptional today. You're gonna get a few bad throws and decisions a game but that's who he is. I think we put Tre on such a high pedastal that Kenny will never reach that level in the eyes of most but the reality is that, overall, there's not much difference between the two. I think we've forgotten how bad he when he first got the nod.

Kenny gets a TAPKAF helmet sticker today.

Thought KH did a great job today, but there was one play in the second quarter when we were still, what, 9 points behind SMU, when Kenny didn't see one of our receivers WAY down the field, completely open, and threw an incomplete to a receiver much closer. Every QB is going to have a play or two like that, right? But several around were muttering, "We want Robinson."

f_399

With that logic I'm not sure that you can consider anyone in the country (outside of Lamar Jackson) a mobile QB if you are comparing Hill to Boykin.

Receivers do help but they also drop passes. TCU led the country in dropped passes last year. There were some critical drops today right?
I think Robinson is more mobile and Rogers probably even more mobile.

Hill just doesn't seem to be quick with his running, if there is an opening he can run straight through it quickly but not elusive enough.

finafrog

not necessarily. hill has regressed as a runner. there were a number of situations today when he could have run for positive yards but was stopped for loss. as a senior, Dalton had better instincts as a runner than Hill right now. no need to compare him to Boykin to make the point.

netty2424

not necessarily. hill has regressed as a runner. there were a number of situations today when he could have run for positive yards but was stopped for loss. as a senior, Dalton has better instincts as a runner than Hill right now. no need to compare him to Boykin to make the point.
He's got a better line this year. He's standing in the pocket more and working down field whereas last year he was a tuck and run guy out of self preservation.

TX_Krötenechse

This was probably Hill's best game at TCU. He made great decisions and great passes. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two passes he would want back - the long 50/50 ball to Diarse and the horrible underthrow to a wide open Nixon (with another wide open Frog past him). I can also think of two perfect passes that were dropped.

He needs to be more decisive when he decides to run, and he needs to learn to throw the ball away sometimes. Those are the only knocks against him today, and neither of those is a big criticism.

BABYFACE

Hill was a mixed bag. Nothing too bad, nothing great. However, he had very good stats.

Just my OP. Hill is the QB for 2017 and so I want him to succeed. Him being a senior, I expect him not to have two delay of game penalties and calling for the snap before an in motion receiver has crossed that resulted in a turnover. On the nit pick side, Hill needs to throw down the field on a occasion and try not to miss a wide open Nixon streaking towards the endzone.

Hill is the starter and I want him to succeed because that is good for TCU. Because he is a senior, expect less brain farts.

Ron Swanson

There was an old man a few rows up hating on Kenny all day. Oh Kenny! Why the hell? Kenny this and Kenny that. I'm trying to figure out which one of you numbnuts is him.

Kenny was exceptional today. You're gonna get a few bad throws and decisions a game but that's who he is. I think we put Tre on such a high pedastal that Kenny will never reach that level in the eyes of most but the reality is that, overall, there's not much difference between the two. I think we've forgotten how bad he when he first got the nod.

Kenny gets a TAPKAF helmet sticker today.

There's a huge difference between Kenny and Boykin. The issue is that people need to stop comparing Kenny to Boykin, because Boykin is one of the greatest college QB's of all-time.

Kenny is an above average QB and a lot of teams would love to have him. He has a lot of talent and can make all the throws, he's just inconsistent.

Today was a great day.

TX_Krötenechse

Hill was a mixed bag. Nothing too bad, nothing great. However, he had very good stats.

Just my OP. Hill is the QB for 2017 and so I want him to succeed. Him being a senior, I expect him not to have two delay of game penalties and calling for the snap before an in motion receiver has crossed that resulted in a turnover. On the nit pick side, Hill needs to throw down the field on a occasion and try not to miss a wide open Nixon streaking towards the endzone.

Hill is the starter and I want him to succeed because that is good for TCU. Because he is a senior, expect less brain farts.
Kenny had one bad series and two bad throws today. I fail to see how anything in his game today was a "mixed bag."

netty2424

Kenny had a great game today. Missed Nixon by himself down the seam, would've been a touchdown. And he needs to throw the ball away when he gets outside the pocket.

Outside of that he played well. Still scares me when he rolls out into the flat trying to keep the play alive. Gets him in trouble.