• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

froginmn

4th down is a long time poster on here, not a troll.
o8fsn.jpg

Wexahu

Frogs have one senior d-tackle in Bradly and three juniors (Collier, Broadnax, and Tu'ua) which means they lose four in two years. They only have three true defensive tackles who are freshmen in Blacklock, Ellis, and Bethley. Maybe Cooper and Collins grow into the position, but I would prefer taking a couple of guys who come full grown so to speak this year to start growing next year.

Nothing wrong with grabbing another DE to go with Mathis, but it isn't a coincidence the best Frog defenses in the Big 12 era happened to have two full sized ass kickers in the middle.

I hear you but if you want to project out TWO years, then every position on the roster is going to look thin. We lose 4 LBs, 5 Safeties, 3 CBs, 6 OL, 8 WRs, and 2 RBs, not to mention 2 QBs. At least we have what we think are 3 pretty good DT prospects that are freshman right now and if a couple get redshirted they'll be freshman next year too.

Moose Stuff

Frogs have one senior d-tackle in Bradly and three juniors (Collier, Broadnax, and Tu'ua) which means they lose four in two years. They only have three true defensive tackles who are freshmen in Blacklock, Ellis, and Bethley. Maybe Cooper and Collins grow into the position, but I would prefer taking a couple of guys who come full grown so to speak this year to start growing next year.

Nothing wrong with grabbing another DE to go with Mathis, but it isn't a coincidence the best Frog defenses in the Big 12 era happened to have two full sized ass kickers in the middle.

Ezra Tu'ua

TX_Krötenechse

As far as DTs, I think we take two this class. I think we may have a good chance with Coburn, who would be a huge get.

LSU's recruiting class is really weird right now. Tons of kids but not much in the way of their typical star power, and not a lot of big guys.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

Obviously I am biased and would like the kid to pick TCU, but that aside, I have some advice:

Kid, you could pick a school that hasn't done anything relevant in many, many years, one that wallows in perpetual mediocrity, and will not ever achieve anything significant on the football field even in the distant future...

Or you could go to Iowa State.

Moose Stuff

Obviously I am biased and would like the kid to pick TCU, but that aside, I have some advice:

Kid, you could pick a school that hasn't done anything relevant in many, many years, one that wallows in perpetual mediocrity, and will not ever achieve anything significant on the football field even in the distant future...

I laughed.

ScottPatrick

IOSt making quite a push for him and he is scheduled to make a return visit shortly after a more recent one.

I know they are the outlier here but don't think they trailing.