• The KillerFrogs

You REALLY can't afford to remove the "Boise State" from the field?

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Then you can't afford to put on a bowl game.

Utah State and Toledo playing in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, right on top of the Boise State Bronco logo at midfield, and with orange and blue "Boise State" in both end zones.

Yeah, I get it: it costs money to change that stuff. Well if you don't have enough money to dress up the field (or at least remove the Boise references), then you really don't have the money to be holding a bowl game.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
That stadium sucks. The TV cameras are so close to the fans that when there's a big play and the fans stand up and throw their hands in the air, it totally blocks the camera. I've seen it twice tonight, and it reminded me of how annoying that was during the TCU-Boise game there.

Kaiser

Tired of the commercials about Idaho & Boise. We get it, it's a crappy place, stop trying to convince us otherwise.

And yes, Boise is THAT poor.

Go Utah State!

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Last time I checked schools don't change the field because there's a bowl game.

I'm pretty sure the Armed Forces Bowl end zones don't say "Horned Frogs." A couple of years ago, the Google Earth image of AGC showed them painting "Air Force" and "Houston" in the end zones.

And I'm certain that the Rose Bowl end zones didn't say "UCLA" when we were there.

BKSledge

I'm pretty sure the Armed Forces Bowl end zones don't say "Horned Frogs." A couple of years ago, the Google Earth image of AGC showed them painting "Air Force" and "Houston" in the end zones.

And I'm certain that the Rose Bowl end zones didn't say "UCLA" when we were there.

The difference being that Boise has a turf field and AGC and the Rose Bowl have easily painted grass.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Dont suppose it occurred to anybody that the logo was left there not because of cost, but that represents a little extra advertising.......

NubomTurk

Tier 1
The difference being that Boise has a turf field and AGC and the Rose Bowl have easily painted grass.

ee3c70592d7a9b09762c687b466ea965.jpg

10 Key Frog

Jerry Jones always changes it out. TCU has been there each time. Oregon St and BYU painted when they played us. It's not hard. Get a blank blue rectangle of grass that fits endzone and use washable paint to paint end zones.

smredd

the turf can be painted over. The Armed Forces Bowl did it at SMU both years they were there. Most likely, the turf manager or Athletic Department didn't want it to be painted (very common) because it would take a while for the paint to be removed or washed out. Either way, it can be done and should be done. Boise is a joke

Kaiser

They painted over the MWC logos for the game. Put a famous Idaho logo over it and also put some corporate sponsor logo over it.

Boise has always been rinky dink with the bowl. Just ask BC about their bowl experience.