• The KillerFrogs

YouTube: TCU’s Sonny Dykes Talks CFP, Deion Sanders, NIL Oversite & More with Rich Eisen

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
YouTube: TCU’s Sonny Dykes Talks CFP, Deion Sanders, NIL Oversite & More with Rich Eisen

TCU Head Football Coach Sonny Dykes and Rich Eisen discuss the Horned Frogs’ hanging a 50 burger on Michigan in their College Football Playoff semifinal, facing Deion Sanders and the Colorado Buffaloes in their opening game, the future of the Big 12 after the departure of the Texas Longhorns and Oklahoma Sooners to the SEC, and how the growth of NIL and the Transfer Portal has reshaped the college football landscape.

fanatical frog

Definitely was a great interview. I don't watch espn except for football games so I had no idea who Rich Eisen was, but he's an excellent interviewer and I'll probably tune him in going forward. Also very much impressed with Sonny Dykes who turns out to be not just very intelligent but also very articulate. He also manages to make his points without giving offense and has a common sense approach to most issues facing cfb and especially NIL. Great to see all of that....couldn't be happier about our coach.

Eight

Definitely was a great interview. I don't watch espn except for football games so I had no idea who Rich Eisen was, but he's an excellent interviewer and I'll probably tune him in going forward. Also very much impressed with Sonny Dykes who turns out to be not just very intelligent but also very articulate. He also manages to make his points without giving offense and has a common sense approach to most issues facing cfb and especially NIL. Great to see all of that....couldn't be happier about our coach.

rich hasn't been on epsn for 20 years, he has been on the nfl network and is a michigan alum

Eight

Thanks. espn should try to get him back....maybe then I'd watch a little espn.

he has a great gig on the nfl network, doesn't have to deal with the mouse dog and pony show and he has the podcast as well so doubt rich goes anywhere

do agree he does a good job on the podcast as it seems he is just having a conversation with his guest(s) and never get the feeling he is trying to perform for anyone or follow some choreographed formula

BleedNPurple

You can see where Sonny has his head on straight on the NIL and dealing with his players. I am just guessing here but Gary gave the impression he was not in favor of the NIL and probably wasn’t as smooth with it as Sonny. When Sonny went to SMU and loaded them up with a major talent upgrade via the transfer portal it was evident that he had a better grasp of how to work within the new system. I said at the time that I thought we let the wrong coach get away- glad he’s here!