• The KillerFrogs

WVU quote

smredd

[font="arial][size="2"]
[font="arial][size="2"]Great quote from the West Virginia Athletic Director Oliver Luck in the FWST piece posted earlier today. [/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Good to know that in WVU eyes, we are already the favorites[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial] [/font]"I've said the road to the Big East championship is going to go through Fort Worth," Luck said. "And if you want to win this, we are going to have to be in a position in November to go to Amon Carter and beat TCU for the title because that's how good TCU is."
[/size][/font]

Stiff Arm Frog

It's hard not to get noticed when you win the Rose Bowl. I don't think we'll get any breaks just because we'll be new to the conference.

mtmedlin

Breaks? I heard we don't have a vote for 4 years. It'll be interesting to see the first year schedule we'll have to run.

Ya know, I had heard this too but I went and read the entire BE charter and rules of governance. Then I looked back on when USF, Cinci and Ville joined and didnt see it either. I think the 4 year thing is just a myth, which is good since the football schools need the votes.

Scarface

Ya know, I had heard this too but I went and read the entire BE charter and rules of governance. Then I looked back on when USF, Cinci and Ville joined and didnt see it either. I think the 4 year thing is just a myth, which is good since the football schools need the votes.

If we do have a vote, you can be sure no team from Texas or from the surrounding states will ever be in the Big East. When the Big 12 lost two members and they didn't immediately invite TCU, the line was drawn in the sand. Certainly no law makers in the Big 12 area, most notably the ones in Texas, looked out for TCU and you can bet TCU administrators will be happy to return the favor.

At least FSU was OK with Miami to the ACC. This unknowingly created an opportunity for USF to go to the Big East. And many Floridians, along with the Legislature or Governor there, will point this out to USF regarding UCF possibly entering the BE.

Go Frogs!

Virginia Frog

[font="arial] [/font]"I've said the road to the Big East championship is going to go through Fort Worth," Luck said. "And if you want to win this, we are going to have to be in a position in November to go to Amon Carter and beat TCU for the title because that's how good TCU is."
[/size][/font]
This is all fine and dandy...but the TCU FB team must first avenge the '84 Bluebonnet Bowl (Houston) L vs. WVU.

Don't let those hollar dwellers get inside our head about how good we (TCU) are, then turn around and put another L on us. Gary must have the boys tuned to perfection in the '12 campaign since there's a lot of new ground to cover in the BE.