• The KillerFrogs

Who will toe the bump tonight v. Baylor?

Mike Brooks

We are definitely depleted with injuries and the OSU series. I was hoping Max might get a few innings. Looks like Frey, Rizzoti, etc. If we win a low scoring game I will be excited. I think we need to score 8. I think they are tossing their ace.

illini_frog

This is a game where we just have to find a way to come out on top. Not our best pitcher out there, but good teams find a way to win, and that's what we have to do.

My money says we try and get Frey through 3 or 4, then Starratt for 3 or 4, then hopefully get the ball to Crichton with the lead.

maxmtex

We are definitely depleted with injuries and the OSU series. I was hoping Max might get a few innings. Looks like Frey, Rizzoti, etc. If we win a low scoring game I will be excited. I think we need to score 8. I think they are tossing their ace.
Baylor is throwing Pinckard, and he is their best guy. He will only go 5 or so, as he also has to pitch Sunday. The Bears need this game badly, as they are on the bubble for the NCAA tournment. We need it badly in order to host. Lots of TCU guys will throw tonight, but it would be very helpful if Frey can go 5 himself.

FROGDADDY

Baylor is throwing Pinckard, and he is their best guy. He will only go 5 or so, as he also has to pitch Sunday. The Bears need this game badly, as they are on the bubble for the NCAA tournment. We need it badly in order to host. Lots of TCU guys will throw tonight, but it would be very helpful if Frey can go 5 himself.

Pinckard is good, but not their best guy. That would be Verrett. This is only Pinckard's 3rd start of the year.

The pitching for the Frogs this weekend should be interesting.

AggieFrog

Baylor needs it with oSu and OU remaining on the schedule. Barring very good finish, they'll be out of the tournament.

This is a much bigger game for TCU than it is for Baylor.

BaldingBear

Pinckard is good, but not their best guy. That would be Verrett. This is only Pinckard's 3rd start of the year.
Thanks. I think of Pinckard as a very good athlete. He's a good CF with a great arm, a solid hitter, and recently has helped the Bears as a pitcher. Baylor needs this win badly but i'm not counting on it, the Frogs are clearly the better team.

PurplePainD

Thanks. I think of Pinckard as a very good athlete. He's a good CF with a great arm, a solid hitter, and recently has helped the Bears as a pitcher. Baylor needs this win badly but i'm not counting on it, the Frogs are clearly the better team.

Nice to have a Bear on here who providing insight rather than drivel.

Of course, both fan bases have their fair share of drivel posters...

UnderToad

Other games of note tonight . . .

TAMU v Texas State

OK State @ Ohio State

Rice @ Louisiana – Lafayette

TAMU and Rice could have their hands full.