• The KillerFrogs

What Coach Pitino Thinks on BE

BelushiBob

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1317061940' post='932502']
BTW, the arguments Pitino makes for Louisville staying in the BE are arguments that favor TCU going to the Big 12. Regional rivalries, interest of the student athlete in non-football sports etc.
[/quote]

The B12 invite aint coming Hoss. Its time for you to love the one that will love you back. We've been to 2 straight BCS games doing it our way. The B12 isnt for us. IF WVU, Uof L, and TCU stick together it will be fine.

Big Frog II

It also rained 2 inches right before the game. It was homecoming, and the tents where many of the events were being held were mud pits.

P.S. A conference with the Service Acadamies would be much harder to take AQ status away from or open yourself up to a Congressional investigation.

HFrog1999

Yes, they draw well and I like TCU playing them, but if I was forced to choose between the academies and the big 12, I choose OU, OSU, Tech, Mizzou,Baylor,UT, Kansas, KST, ISU. Those games will draw better crowds than the service academy games.

Of course they do.

However, the choice here regards the Big East. Is it best for the Big East to invite the Service Academies or someone else? If the answer is someone else, than who should they invite?

For the Big East, the service academies would be a good move. It's not like Pitt and Syracuse were that good in football anyways.

BABYFACE

Of course they do.

However, the choice here regards the Big East. Is it best for the Big East to invite the Service Academies or someone else? If the answer is someone else, than who should they invite?

For the Big East, the service academies would be a good move. It's not like Pitt and Syracuse were that good in football anyways.

I agree, unless a big invite comes, the Big East is where TCU will be. Also, until Navy or AF accepts, then it is moot point with them also.

My thinking is BE needs to offer all sports to invites for a school to seriously consider joining BE. The basketball schools still have not learned their lesson. First it was VT, Miami and BC. Now it is Pitt and Cuse. FB schools need to take charge if they want FB to exist in BE. Marinetto better get it together soon.

As for invitee list, AF and Navy are good additions. THen they should go after ECU. That gives 10 members for FB if one of these schools does not accept invite, then move onto UCF. If they want to go to 12, then you are looking at USM, and UH. Now, if Big 12 doesn't get tv money forefeiture agreement in place, then BE should stay at no more than 10 and wait for teams when Big 12 folds.

angelo's frog

The B12 invite aint coming Hoss. Its time for you to love the one that will love you back. We've been to 2 straight BCS games doing it our way. The B12 isnt for us. IF WVU, Uof L, and TCU stick together it will be fine.

If it's not coming then I agree with you. As for the BE, WVU and U of L give me that Utah/BYU kind of feeling. The ones that you say are loving me back appear to be casting glances elsewhere. If something better comes up, we're hosed. So, I'd rather be working like hell behind the scenes to get the Big 12 invite. If that's not to be, then the BE will be okay IF U of L and WVU stick around. If they don't, I'd rather go back to the MWC and play Boise for a BCS spot every year.

HUT-Frog

Pitino has some strong points . . . but Army and Villanova, no thank you.

Without Pitt and Syracuse, it wouldn't be that hard to make the football product as strong (if not better) than it has been in recent years. But, you are battling perception . . . and perception is that it would be weaker.

Also, I am of the belief that you can't just go minimum. You need quality markets/programs, so that if a couple of schools leave (wink, UConn and Rutgers), you are not left in shambles. You would still have a working conference on both sides of the equation. 14 football schools, two leave, and you still have 12.

The interim time would allow the new football schools to be integrated into the BCS AQ level and establish themselves, along with giving the media and public time to familiarize themselves with the idea.

Think Big -- but you don't necessarily have to think East ALL the time. Two great football additions lie in the west -- BYU and Boise State. Get them into the equation as well. (But, I fear that unless they come to this realization almost immediately, it will be too late to make a pitch at BYU.)

YA

Pitino has some strong points . . . but Army and Villanova, no thank you.

Without Pitt and Syracuse, it wouldn't be that hard to make the football product as strong (if not better) than it has been in recent years. But, you are battling perception . . . and perception is that it would be weaker.

Also, I am of the belief that you can't just go minimum. You need quality markets/programs, so that if a couple of schools leave (wink, UConn and Rutgers), you are not left in shambles. You would still have a working conference on both sides of the equation. 14 football schools, two leave, and you still have 12.

The interim time would allow the new football schools to be integrated into the BCS AQ level and establish themselves, along with giving the media and public time to familiarize themselves with the idea.

Think Big -- but you don't necessarily have to think East ALL the time. Two great football additions lie in the west -- BYU and Boise State. Get them into the equation as well. (But, I fear that unless they come to this realization almost immediately, it will be too late to make a pitch at BYU.)
I agree--if we stay in the Big East, the conference needs to go big--14 or 16 fball playing schools.

Add: Navy, Air Force, UCF, Temple, ECU, Boise, BYU, Houston,SMiss/Memphis