• The KillerFrogs

What Are Our Bowl Scenarios?

McFroggin

If Big 12 goes by matchup/geography, it makes more sense for Russell to take WVU and TCU/OSU go to Alamo/Texas. Not that logic is involved.

HToady

So if Baylor beats Texas, they get to showcase their losing ways on the national stage for the third year in a row?

No matter where we go, we'll be ranked above Baylor in the final poll...

PhillyFrog

Not at all certain about that, especially if Johnson plays poorly against the Horns.

Stidham and Russell will not be back for their bowl game.   Boykin likely at full strength for ours.

Despite the odds Frog said:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/29/9813564/bowl-games-projections-2015-ncaa-football-playoff-predictions

http://mweb.qa.cbssports.com/ncaaf/bowls/predictions

Again most predicting TCU vs. Oregon in Alamo. ESPN has not updated their projections.

Russell vs. UNC still a possibility too.

Oh and Baylor will most likely yet unfairly pass TCU in rankings if they beat UT even though TCU beat Baylor and smashed UT.

razor488

If OU is a lock for the CFB with their one loss to UT, would we be in the CFB if we had converted that 2PT conversion against OU? 

McFroggin said:
If Big 12 goes by matchup/geography, it makes more sense for Russell to take WVU and TCU/OSU go to Alamo/Texas. Not that logic is involved.
If TCU goes to the Texas bowl that would be the biggest slap on the face I've ever seen. Suppose to be for Big 12 number 4 team to play SEC number 3- 8 team (most likely #8). No way!

I wouldn't pay money to go for that slight to TCU.

Planks

razor488 said:
If OU is a lock for the CFB with their one loss to UT, would we be in the CFB if we had converted that 2PT conversion against OU? 
I think so. We would be one of only 4 P5 conference champions with 1 or less losses, I think we would be a lock.

Froginbedford

Gehörnter Frosch said:

... and let Nike redeem itself by coming up with some cool uniforms for both teams. 

Uh...Nike? Cool? I'm old, understand my tastes are from last century, but Nike hasn't whipped up a cool uniform ever in my opinion. Oregon's uniforms are second only to Maryland in regurgitation instigation. IMO (I hope this last bit keeps me from being roasted)

ifrog

HToady said:
So if Baylor beats Texas, they get to showcase their losing ways on the national stage for the third year in a row?

No matter where we go, we'll be ranked above Baylor in the final poll...
The Baylor fans on Twitter are now bragging that they are the second place team in the B12 and TCU will be 4th based on the B12 rules. It's like h2h suddenly doesn't matter anymore

GoFrogs21

razor488 said:

Probably. But OU has one more "top 25 win" than we would have had. It is better to lose to a bad team and beat all the good ones in their eyes.