• The KillerFrogs

We've lost one of our own..

stell91

Vice-chancellor Don MIlls sent this email out about 25 minutes ago. I don't know the circumstances but a quick google search links to Hayden Bowers' player bio on gofrogs.com. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Our University is saddened today after learning that TCU student Hayden Bowers passed away at an off campus location. Hayden was well-liked by his many friends at TCU. He will be missed dearly. TCU has counselors available for anyone needing help during this time. If you need assistance in dealing with your feelings, please do not hesitate to contact the University. If you cannot reach a counselor this weekend, you may call Campus Police, 817-257-7777, for immediate assistance. If you live on campus, you can speak to your hall director or RA at any time. Other resources available to students include: The Counseling Center (817-257-7863)The Campus Life Office (817-257-7926)The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (817-257-7830) I know we all hold the Bowers family in our thoughts and prayers. Sincerely, Don MillsVice Chancellor for Student Affairs

FrogAbroad

Sad and sobering news, indeed, and there are no words that can truly capture the emotions of the moment.

May God grant comfort and consolation to those whose lives Hayden touched. My prayers will include them during this terrible and painful time.

SteinerTCU

Coolest guy ... ever
That is awful! Now that I have a son of my own (only 5 months but still..) I can't imagine losing him when he is only 19-20 years old... prayers for the family.

Anyone know details? What happened? In all honesty it isn't our business but I am nosy...

Opintel

Moderators
That is awful! Now that I have a son of my own (only 5 months but still..) I can't imagine losing him when he is only 19-20 years old... prayers for the family.

Anyone know details? What happened? In all honesty it isn't our business but I am nosy...
It must be terrible to lose a child. My older sister and Mother both passed within the last six months, but nothing could be like losing your child. Our condolences, and we will have the family in our prayers.

wishbone70

No matter why or how, this is trajic news and saddens me greatly. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and all of the Horned Frog Football Family. Give your kids a hug today and tell them you love them. It could easily be one of us to face the unthinkable.

Frog DJ

May God give the Bowers family peace and serenity during this extremely difficult time.

The thoughts and prayers of all Horned Frogs are theirs.

TCUFrogs

Vice-chancellor Don MIlls sent this email out about 25 minutes ago. I don't know the circumstances but a quick google search links to Hayden Bowers' player bio on gofrogs.com. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Our University is saddened today after learning that TCU student Hayden Bowers passed away at an off campus location. Hayden was well-liked by his many friends at TCU. He will be missed dearly. TCU has counselors available for anyone needing help during this time. If you need assistance in dealing with your feelings, please do not hesitate to contact the University. If you cannot reach a counselor this weekend, you may call Campus Police, 817-257-7777, for immediate assistance. If you live on campus, you can speak to your hall director or RA at any time. Other resources available to students include: The Counseling Center (817-257-7863)The Campus Life Office (817-257-7926)The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (817-257-7830) I know we all hold the Bowers family in our thoughts and prayers. Sincerely, Don MillsVice Chancellor for Student Affairs

Very sad.

Just curious when he was on the team? He was a 2008 high school player and was not listed on the team last year.

pgdfrog

Hayden was a great young man that I got to know while he was in high school. He was a bright spot whereever he went and will be deeply missed.

[quote name=%26%2339%3BTCUFrogs%26%2339%3B timestamp='1301793394' post='809214']<br />Found him on the 2008 and 2009 rosters.<br /><br />Always a tragedy when so young.  Any word on what happened? <br /><br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />

He took his own life. It's obviously a very tough time for his friends and family and prayers are most certainly appreciated.