• The KillerFrogs

Washington Post article

Ol' GP is getting a little political... I like...

"'If we go 12-0 again and don't get the chance again, well, I don't know what I'd say or do," he said. "Look, there's no one in the world I like or trust more than [BCS administrator] Bill Hancock. But if we beat Air Force and win at Utah and go 12-0 and if Boise wins out, well . . .'"

He stopped, knowing he was headed for trouble.

frogbyproxy

In CGP next life he will be a diplomat. :tongue: He says the right things and knows when not to say anything. He probably wet his hair before coming on so not to show he really cared about what the BCS BS was said. Diplomat Paterson at his best. :biggrin:

Nomo

I was happy to see Feinstein call out ESPN (Craig James and Robert Smith) for their hypocrisy in defending the BCS at all costs:

“That's BCS logic: When teams in the power conferences lose, it shows how tough those conferences are; when teams in non-power conferences lose, it is a sign of weakness.”

OmniscienceFrog

"'If we go 12-0 again and don't get the chance again, well, I don't know what I'd say or do," he said. "Look, there's no one in the world I like or trust more than [BCS administrator] Bill Hancock. But if we beat Air Force and win at Utah and go 12-0 and if Boise wins out, well . . .'"

Like? To each his own, I guess. Trust? Gary, I'd trust a rattlesnake I stepped on not to bite me before I would trust Hancock and the jokers that pull his strings to treat TCU fairly with regard to the BSC.

Kill 'em with kindness I guess.

Cougar/Frog

Feinstein is an amazing writer and one of the most honest columnists in sports. He owes nothing to ESPN or the BCS, so he can give an honest evaluation of the entire situation. He also values classic values like hard work and sportsmanship and tradition, so he appreciates TCU and what TCU is all about.

And GP is getting really good at this non-politicking politicking.

Dogfrog

Feinstein is an amazing writer and one of the most honest columnists in sports. He owes nothing to ESPN or the BCS, so he can give an honest evaluation of the entire situation. He also values classic values like hard work and sportsmanship and tradition, so he appreciates TCU and what TCU is all about.

And GP is getting really good at this non-politicking politicking.

Yea, it takes some talent to parse your words carefully. Sometimes they get thrown back at you when you least expect it. Like last night on the ESPN BCS ranking show when Rece Davis reminded GP how he admitted that Oregon should be ranked above TCU, with GP calling Oregon "freaking awesome". BCS apologists like Davis will repeat that every chance they get.

joejordan

Like? To each his own, I guess. Trust? Gary, I'd trust a rattlesnake I stepped on not to bite me before I would trust Hancock and the jokers that pull his strings to treat TCU fairly with regard to the BSC.

Kill 'em with kindness I guess.
It's obvious to me that GP likes and trusts NO ONE.

Regarding the wet hair, I think it was a subtle jab at needing 'style' points on TV, as some think you do in college football.

Frog89

I think CGP knows his words at this stage of the season will have very little to do with anything at the end of the year. I think it's also likely that Oregon, Auburn, LSU and many others will lose. Plus, we have to beat Utah, and right now I'd give Utah the edge on their field. until I see a more consistent offense. If the offense stomps Air Force this week the way they did Baylor on the offensive end, I may change my mind on that, but right now I think CGP is playing the political game perfectly. TCU hasn't done anything until they beat Utah at home, and when that happens I think you'll hear CGP start to get a little more publically 'pro TCU' as far as the BCS landscape goes. And he'll have a case. If Utah stays undefeated, it will be a #4 or 5 TCU against a #6 or 7 Utah at their house. Win there, and I think TCU has a place at the table and a legit shot at a NC game. Next week, either LSU or Auburn will be gone. Both are top 10. Then, I think Alabama will take care of LSU in a couple of weeks. Arkansas can beat anyone. OU could also easily lose OSU, Mizzou or Nebraska in the Big XII Championship. Lots of football left for everyone including TCU. CGP is playing the politics game perfectly in my opinion.

JogginFrog

I appreciate him making the comparison with Butler, because no one can argue with the fact that Butler was worthy of playing for a National Championship last year in hoops.

Can you imagine if there were no NCAA Tournament and people had to argue over where to rank a 28-4 Bulldog team that went 18-0 in the Horizon conference:

"After all, they had to go to overtime to beat Detroit. DETROIT!"

"Sure, they're a nice story with the Hoosiers fieldhouse connection, and all credit to the job that Brad Stevens has done, but let's face it -- they're a 5-seed at best."​

Give teams a chance to prove it on the field.

Sponger

A very common-sense blog that hits straight to the point. Hard to argue with pure logic.

I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking this guys is freinds with Dan Jenkins (looking at who he has written for and the fact that Dan's girl writes for the Post)....and has been influenced by Dan and has subsequently adopted the Frogs. I'll certainly start following hom weekly.