• The KillerFrogs

University of North Texas gets $20 Million for Stadium Naming Rights

Sean

Administrator
I'm not a fan of selling out to the corporate world but I'm impressed...that's some money for naming rights in college football!

HoustonHornedFrog

That is a good deal for University of North Texas. I know their new stadium is a big step up over their old one, but what is with that fish tail they have in the endzone? I've driven past there several times and it is one weird looking end zone set up.

FirefightnRick

but what is with that fish tail they have in the endzone?

Crazy isn't it? The first thing the kids wanted to do is climb it on opening night.

gallery_1_24_195152.jpg

gallery_1_24_159871.jpg

ESPN: The $20 million deal for Apogee Stadium is the second-largest naming-rights agreement for college football stadiums to date.

Hey, in the very least two things. We don't have to use a water trough wall to pee on, and those of us on the front row won't have to use binoculars to see the field anymore?

FirefightnRick
Sworn to protect Fort Worth
and it's Horn Frogs the past
16 years and counting.

Hey I'm in that pic! About the 30 yard line, middle level, white shorts. And it's a bird's tail...not a fish.

In that pic you can see the failure of the jumbotron's position that I spoke of in another thread. Previous designs had it atop the building behind it and the building was much closer to the field. The top of the building was to be a party deck. That's the home locker room...so when they leave the room and gather by the gate to run out everyone can see them. Kind of anti-climatic. At least Clemson has a rock and a cool hill.

mtmedlin

Funny, I heard they have no problem getting "sponsors."

they have been raising money for over a year and are at about $50 million with no announced name rights. I have an interest in them USFs provost is now their president. I really liked her and talked to her on several occasions. I want houston to succeed.

FirefightnRick

In that pic you can see the failure of the jumbotron's position that I spoke of in another thread. Previous designs had it atop the building behind it and the building was much closer to the field. The top of the building was to be a party deck. That's the home locker room...so when they leave the room and gather by the gate to run out everyone can see them. Kind of anti-climatic. At least Clemson has a rock and a cool hill.

I don't recall previous designs having the video board actually on top of the building although that is where I would have preferred it to be but would have required NT to rebuild part of the structure to do so. Originally with the HKS design it was going to be located on the north end behind and above the wing zone. As it sits now it does block some of the view of both stepped party terrace's located just behind it, but is in the best possible location that allows everyone to see it.

Also, we don't have all that cool of a hill as Clemson's, ours is small. But our Eagle beats a rock any day.

gallery_1_49_346552.jpg

gallery_1_49_327118.jpg

And speaking of cool, Clemson only wished they had a Cannon as cool as ours.

:laugh: There cannon: :laugh:

img_7491_500x375.jpg

The Mean Green cannon:

digitalcameradisk1_755_500x375.jpg

img_7892_500x375.jpg

boomerlimberfouts1_792x594.jpg

Rick

Latest posts