• The KillerFrogs

Tyler Matthews Commits to TCU

FearTheFrog2015

So do we take a less aggressive stance towards recruiting other quarterbacks now? Since we got a pretty excellent quarterback committed do we focus on recruiting other positions more heavily now?

talor

So do we take a less aggressive stance towards recruiting other quarterbacks now? Since we got a pretty excellent quarterback committed do we focus on recruiting other positions more heavily now?

You will always take the most talented players given the opportunity. However, we took 1-2 QBs last signing class (Boykin and Gonzalez) and then there is the talented Brown who redshirted last year. I think QB may not be a priority after Matthews gave his verbal, but you never know. There are definitely positions of need that will get more attention such as DE, OL, and maybe RB, oh and GP loves DBs.

IronSkillet

http://www.mcpherson...-commits-to-TCU

McPherson, Kan. —
Tyler Matthews could have waited, but he didn't see the need.
After all, when the No. 2-ranked NCAA Division I college football team has you targeted as its potential future quarterback, how can you say no?
Matthews, a junior at McPherson High, gave Texas Christian University a verbal commitment for the 2012 season over the weekend.

Man, that sounds so good

Feisty was only projecting one QB in this class...

West Coast Johnny

It looks like we offered Tommy Armstrong - QB from Cibolo Steele. His main job last year was handing it off to Malcolm Brown last year. For a HS junior, he was very good at running the zone read. He was a big reason why Brown was the number one back out of Texas last year. We'll see how Brown does without him next year in Austin. I would think that Armstrong projects as a running back at the next level.

Latest posts