• The KillerFrogs

Tressel Suspended for a whopping 2 Games

geno

Please note this about Tressel's "public apology". He never once said that he was apologizing for the action. He never once said what he did was wrong. What he said was that he was "saddened" over this turn of events. Which, being interpreted, means, "I'm sorry I got caught." And this is the guy that President Gee (Little Sisters etc) of Ohio State said, "Fire him? Of course not. I only hope he doesn't fire me."

713frog

Please note this about Tressel's "public apology". He never once said that he was apologizing for the action. He never once said what he did was wrong. What he said was that he was "saddened" over this turn of events. Which, being interpreted, means, "I'm sorry I got caught." And this is the guy that President Gee (Little Sisters etc) of Ohio State said, "Fire him? Of course not. I only hope he doesn't fire me."

total arrogance by gee and tressel. what a bunch of shmucks

Froggle Rock

total arrogance by gee and tressel. what a bunch of shmucks

Absolutely. Here's a quote from the ESPN article:

"When Tressel was asked if he was worried the scandal would tarnish his reputation, he said he's always been his biggest critic.

"I don't think less of myself at this moment," Tressel said."

JimSwinkLives!

Good article from an OSU alum:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/09/11/Hooley-Are-you-kidding/landing_ohiostate.html?blockID=436437&feedID=3724

Tressel lied about learning in April of 2010 that two of his players, later expanded to six, were in violation of NCAA rules for selling memorabilia to Edward A. Rife, a Columbus tattoo parlor owner.

That’s not opinion. It’s fact, admitted by OSU in the finding it issued Tuesday in announcing a hoped-for two-game suspension and $250,000 fine of Tressel.

Tressel didn’t lie only once. He lied at least three times, according to OSU’s own investigation of the matter.

Ohio State’s report to the NCAA said Tressel signed an NCAA form on Sept. 13 indicating he had reported any knowledge of possible violations in his program.

By that time, Tressel had received and responded to four detailed and lengthy emails from a Columbus attorney offering details of Rife’s criminal background and possibly paying Buckeyes players for their memorabilia.

The OSU report also said Tressel did not tell the university anything about his email correspondence with the attorney from April and June, or his knowledge of players selling memorabilia, when asked on Dec. 9 by OSU about the violations in the wake of a raid on Rife’s tattoo parlor.

SnoopFrogs11

Coaches and presidents from big schools are a disgrace to everything that is good about America. It makes me very sad. I would be very happy if he was suspended for six games.

Frog DJ

I have a large audience in Ohio, and their delusions about this story are mind-bending.

First and foremost, very few Buckeye fans can understand why suspensions are in order.

They firmly believe the players did nothing wrong; that they were simply selling their own personal property, and this whole controversy is ridiculous.

What they fail to recognize is there are specific NCAA rules against such things.

Secondly, they are outraged that Jim Tressel is facing sanctions of any kind, because they believe there was no violation of the rules in the first place.

Lastly, they see this matter as little more than harassment by the NCAA, and think the entire affair needs to just disappear.

The sense of entitlement is borderline bizarre.

Go Frogs!

Texas Otto

Yeah but he had to give a public apology too.

In his press conference I think he said at one point he wanted to report the violations, but didn't know who to report them to....

Feisty I guess he forgot that the Director of Compliance office was right down the hall then?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: