• The KillerFrogs

Transfers

An-Cap Frog

If my math is correct, 1,300 players are still available in the transfer portal. As a player would you rather walk on to a power4 team or not be picked up at all?

The TCU Football Jerk

I know there was an interview link posted on here somewhere from Coach Gillespie now that he's at the high school level again. Interviewer asked him about the college level and what the differences between high school and college were, things he had to deal with in college, etc. One of the things he said was in college you now have guys who don't play come in asking for more nil money than what his salary was. He'd just reply, "You might need to start playing first."

Denial is one of the strongest forces in the universe. As people get more self-entitled and narcissistic, denial just gets worse and worse.

Boomhauer

I know there was an interview link posted on here somewhere from Coach Gillespie now that he's at the high school level again. Interviewer asked him about the college level and what the differences between high school and college were, things he had to deal with in college, etc. One of the things he said was in college you now have guys who don't play come in asking for more nil money than what his salary was. He'd just reply, "You might need to start playing first."

Denial is one of the strongest forces in the universe. As people get more self-entitled and narcissistic, denial just gets worse and worse.

I thought Gillispie was at Tarleton St?

82 Frog Fever

Johnson is what we needed. TCU finally has a 250 Lb. back that can eat some carries and rip off 4 to 6 ypc while doing it. Hopefully, he’ll be a big help with our terrible red zone offense.
He is a big step up from Trent Battle in the rushing game, and Trey Sander’s body is a huge long shot for any healthy productivity. Since leaving H.S., Sanders has suffered a torn ACL & broken foot on the field, plus a half dozen broken bones (incl. a broken pelvis) and numerous internal injuries from a car wreck. Sanders is nowhere close to what he once was.
Cam Cook is really good, but he is less than 200 lbs. and it’s questionable if he could hold up for 18+ carries a game. Our only other good RB is a < 190lb freshman.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

If my math is correct, 1,300 players are still available in the transfer portal. As a player would you rather walk on to a power4 team or not be picked up at all?
I think if I were going to linger on the fringes of a football team I'd rather do it at a school where the girls look they look at TCU. FWTW.

Palliative Care

Situational backs are ok if you use them when you should. We will need to keep Cook from being worn out. That is an excellent point. I do like Johnson from the twenty on in.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Staff might have diminished expectations for one or more on roster now. Johnson is 6-1 and 251, has good eyes, shifty and fast.
Yet in four years has averaged two TDs and less than 200 yards per season. But it is another Briles and the new RB coach connection. I am sure he is pretty good and perhaps get into a rotation.

82 Frog Fever

Yet in four years has averaged two TDs and less than 200 yards per season. But it is another Briles and the new RB coach connection. I am sure he is pretty good and perhaps get into a rotation.
Maybe look at it this way, Johnson has a 5.8 ypc for his CFB career.
Our current highest back is 3.7 ypc., so nearly 60% better.
Johnson also has 60% more D1 rushing attempts than all of our RBs combined.

McFroggin

Is there a reason we took another backup RB? With two freshman running backs and sanders and Battle thought we s

find this odd with cook as our RB and 4 backups with two anticipated freshman.

Cook is our 1 legit RB. Sanders has had health issues and hasn’t shown to be his old self. Battle could be 4th string.

CryptoMiner

knee surgeries in 2 consecutive seasons has limited his PT. Went through spring ball at arkie but focus was on other transfers in and young backs.

Hope he can return to his better self and be productive for the Frogs.