• The KillerFrogs

tough day at the ballpark

TCUExaminer

Contributor
No doubt, he's a punk.

On a positive note, I'm really impressed with that midget of a SS. That kid is a helluva ball player, offensively and defensively (although he kind of booted one today...tough play though).

He was gettin' it pretty good from the students Friday night. Basically, they were commenting about his small stature and how it makes him look rather adolescent (my wording, not theirs). He responding by ripping a smoking grounder through the right side in the fourth and ended the night 3/4 at the dish. I don't think I ever saw the kid without a smile on his face that night either. Of course, I'd be smiling all night too if I'd batted three for four against the TCU pitching staff.

TCURiggs

He was gettin' it pretty good from the students Friday night. Basically, they were commenting about his small stature and how it makes him look rather adolescent (my wording, not theirs). He responding by ripping a smoking grounder through the right side in the fourth and ended the night 3/4 at the dish. I don't think I ever saw the kid without a smile on his face that night either. Of course, I'd be smiling all night too if I'd batted three for four against the TCU pitching staff.

Very true. I threw out a comment about his height right before he ripped that one...I decided not to do that any more.

Apparently, Long Beach fans were throwing out similar comments in one of their games and he went 5 for 5. He good.

dahozzman

A little video on that little guy. Name is Richie Pedroza:

http://www.fullerton.../020411aab.html
I have certainly enjoyed the series so far. Well, the temperature in the low 40's Friday not so much. :rolleyes: And your closer Friday night was BRUTAL!!! Very impressed. But I will say getting back at him today that much sweeter.

I was wondering what all the jawing was over during the home plate party. Our guy was clearly safe, so I was wondering if there was a complaint about high cleating. I didn't see see that happen, but was the only thing that made sense to cause all that noise all considered.

I agree. Tomorrow should have GREAT drama. between two great programs. Can't wait.

By the way. That "overweight" 1st baseman, Nick Ramirez, is regarded by many college baseball experts as one of the nation's most dangerous 2-way players evidenced by he being a finalist for the College Baseball Foundation's inaugural John Olerud 2-Way Player of the Year Award . I remember first watching him play as a freshman at a game at UCLA. He hit a ball so far out of the ballpark I'm not sure if it has come down yet.

There's a link to a few more tid bits on him at the bottom of the page presenting the Pedroza video for anyone interested.

GO TITANS!!

hometown frog

Today should be a blast. And yes the complaints were tied to #25 spiking our catcher in the stomach when he slid into home. He was obviously safe in my mind as either the throw or the catcher moved up the line to block the plate instead of just trying for the force.

I've been waiting on your 1B to connect on one. He's been just off several times this series from crunching one out.