• The KillerFrogs

"There is no substitute for victory"--MacArthur

Limey Frog

Don't count me among the Frogs who are already counting their chickens. But... if we win I can't see how it wouldn't rank as the school's single biggest football triumph ever. That mostly is a result of the context. Unlike TCU's previous eras of football greatness [prior to the late 1950s] we are now on the outside looking in and the system [including ESPN's irrational personal vendetta] is utterly stacked against us. TCU has been good for a decade, but we've never had a shot at a so-called "power conference" team in a big bowl. Win this one, silence the critics, move to the Big East... all of a sudden we're a lot closer to being on the inside looking out.

Similar to Miami's run in the mid-late 1980s, a win in Pasadena could go a long way toward moving us into the club. Even more importantly, it might make Jim Delaney cry.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
It's a nice win but not the biggest ever for TCU. Call me crazy but I still think that Sun Bowl win is our biggest in the Patterson era. Started our ascendancy and made everyone believe.

BigAppleBucky

"There is no substitute for victory"--MacArthur and...IF the Frogs beat Wisconsin, where will...
...this Rose Bowl game rank among all--time great Horned Frogs' wins? :unsure:

That was Douglas. His father, Arthur MacArthur, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_MacArthur,_Jr. ) originated the term, "On, Wisconsin!".

At the Battle of Missionary Ridge on November 25, 1863 during the Chattanooga Campaign, the 18-year-old MacArthur inspired his regiment by seizing and planting the regimental flag (24th Wisconsin) on the crest of Missionary Ridge at a particularly critical moment, shouting "On Wisconsin." For these actions, he was recommended for the Medal of Honor.

The march, On, Wisconsin!, is the UW-Madison's fight song and has been since 1906.