• The KillerFrogs

The Columbus Dispatch: BCS haters, your heroes are TCU, Boise State

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Columbus Dispatch: BCS haters, your heroes are TCU, Boise State

By Bob Hunter
The Columbus Dispatch

With Ohio State effectively eliminated from the competition, I'm free to root for a Boise State-Texas Christian BCS title game. I was free to do that before the Buckeyes lost to Wisconsin, of course, but it might have interfered with my goal of a long and happy life.

A Boise-TCU title game would be great for the little guys and even better for college football. If all of the big-conference bullies had their noses pressed against the other side of the glass on Jan.10, the reasons college presidents have used to fight an expanded playoff might magically go away.

It's a long shot, I know. Even though Boise State and TCU both will spend the next six weeks pretty much blocking and tackling their own shadows, Oregon, Oklahoma, Auburn and maybe even LSU and Michigan State probably have to lose to get both little guys in the title game.

It's not like any team looks unbeatable, though. Two weeks ago, Alabama was No. 1 and it made good sense. The Crimson Tide were the defending national champions, had key personnel back and were undefeated against the likes of Arkansas and Florida. ...

Cougar/Frog

TCU has to beat Air Force, UNLV, Utah, San Diego State and New Mexico. By comparison, Oregon has to beat UCLA, USC, Washington, California, Arizona and Washington State, and if it loses one, it's out.

Fair? Of course not. The contrast is ridiculous. But sometimes it takes a punch to the gut - or two - to get a bully's attention.

Only two ranked teams for Oregon ---- no top ten teams. USC was unranked last week. WAZZU has been the worst team in the country to three years. Nevada blew out Cal. BYU beat UW. UCLA has been blown out two times this season.

Sure, Oregon plays some big names, but SDSU, AFA, and Utah are on par, if not far better in Utah's case, then every team on that list...

shenanigans

Since when did AFA and Utah become cupcakes? Last time I checked, Utah hasn't lost a conference game at home in three years. I'm not exactly expecting that game to be a cakewalk. In fact, I would almost consider Utah the favorite in that one.

ifrog

What an idiot. Being an Ohio State supporter he should know better than to slam our schedule. Its columns like this that irritatate me. Hes basicaly mocking our program.:angry:

guidoc

NOOOOOO!!!!
I do not need another TCU vs. Boise game.
We will soon be in the same conference playing each other and effectively eliminating one or the other from BCS status.
ARGH!!!!!
That would be a nightmare scenario.