• The KillerFrogs

Thanks to the BE fans posting congrats

And please don't hold it against us if a few Frog fans seem to be dragging their feet. This is a huge culture shift -- if you don't already know it, Fort Worth is Where the West Begins, and it's more than a CofC slogan. We are grateful for the bid and look forward to the competition, but it may take a while to get ourselves acclimated. And it may take you a little while to understand the world of Texas and TCU -- it is definitely not Eastern.

There are a few things y'all BE guys can do to help ease the transition and save all of us future grief:

1. We're NOT Dallas. We're NOT in Dallas. You fly into DFW, NOT Dallas (unless you fly into Love Field, in which case the proper terminology is: fly into Love Field). Once you've experienced the fun of Fort Worth you'll never confuse the two again, but until that magical moment, please repeat after me: "Frogs in Fort Worth; Frogs in Fort Worth; ..."

2. Chili is NOT served with beans. Some people like it that way, but don't confuse that preference with fact.

3. We really, really like the role of underdog. Talk up your teams as much as you want -- we love the bulletin board material.

4. For the record: Gary Patterson isn't going to leave Fort Worth. Ignore the annual stream of rumors that link him to every conceivable coaching vacancy.

5. We respectfully request a 3-year delay in basketball smack. Any less than that is not sporting.

6. Yes, our women are amazingly lovely. Co ahead and comnpliment us all you want. it's one of the absolute greatest things about TCU.

7. Lots of recruits leave Texas for bright lights and big cities. A large number transfer back to Texas schools when they compare what they went to with what they left behind (see especially # 6 above). Be prepared for this with any Texas recruits you snag in the future.

8. We're not really Southern. Yes, Texas was part of the Confederacy, but it was an uncomfortable situation. Parts of East Texas do have more of a Southern feel, but Fort Worth definitely doesn't.

9. The Fort and Cowtown are acceptable synonyms for Fort Worth. Forth Worth is not

So thanks for the welcome to the BE, and welcome to Texas in return. We've all got a lot of learning to do. Let's do it as friendly rivals and make the most of the opportunities this match has given us.

54RedHeart

Hey, folks. Mountaineer fan here. Congrats (and thanks) for joining the BE. I get to Fort Worth (believe me, I KNOW the difference between the two cities - I like Fort Worth a lot better) fairly often. Looking forward to getting to a game down there in a few years.

gobulls83

" You fly into DFW, NOT Dallas (unless you fly into Love Field, in which case the proper terminology is: fly into Love Field)."

I think you mean, "unless you fly into Love Field, in which case the proper terminology is: oh [Deleted], why didn't I fly into DFW?"

zls44

The fact that newbies get the term Jamie Dixon is hilarious. ESPECIALLY for the WVU fans.

(Hey, look, we're a basketball conference, ok?)