• The KillerFrogs

TCU Survey (Athletics)

Deep Purple

Frogs01 said:
I voted for it. I would love to see them run out of the tunnel one day with white pants, purple jerseys, and the classic purple flying T helmets!

How do you know the retro unis won't be the "Lavender Hill Mob" of 1973?  They had the flying T also.  Still looked horrible.  Not all retro is good retro.

Frogs01

Deep Purple said:

How do you know the retro unis won't be the "Lavender Hill Mob" of 1973?  They had the flying T also.  Still looked horrible.  Not all retro is good retro.
Well, I didn't mean those...you know what I meant.

tcumaniac

SnoSki said:
Done. 

Frankly I want a video ribbon on the edge of the 300 level. Just for the added atmosphere, especially at night. Looks big-time IMO. (Not to mention it offers rotating ad space for $$$$$$ )

83790942_crop_650x440.jpg
Just when I think I'm starting to get over the stupidity of our stadium design, I see a picture like this and it infuriates me all over again. Oh how cool it'd be if we had a lower bowl with more than 12 rows. Putting the majority of your fans in the upper deck makes total sense.

tcumaniac said:
Just when I think I'm starting to get over the stupidity of our stadium design, I see a picture like this and it infuriates me all over again. Oh how cool it'd be if we had a lower bowl with more than 12 rows. Putting the majority of your fans in the upper deck makes total sense.

Not really the problem. Our stadium is louder because we have a smaller lower bowl.

jake102

tcumaniac said:

But don't you think the entire East side is pretty much "lower bowl"? And both endzones are definitely lower bowl. So just that upper deck on the West is "upper deck". I'd guesstimate 15k of the 45k seats are "upper deck"

Limp Lizard

Decking means that more fans have a closer seat to the action.  Those OU fans at the top of the lower deck are much farther from the action than 60% of the West upper deck.  That is old style stadium design.

And all of it is better than aggie stadiums with a high percentage of the fans having endzone seats!!!