• The KillerFrogs

TCU schedule Grambling State

Pharm Frog

cmon, the only popular threads on the page are the ones im on, can anyone answer my original question?

You really are into the whole "popularity" thing aren't you? My team is more popular in the Metroplex than your team... The threads that I abuse with misspelled words are the most popular... Trying to compensate for having to spend those first two years over at South Plains JUCO perhaps? It's okay RD, I'm sure you were one of the most popular fellas in Levelland...

Mike Brooks

when you havent had a losing season in 20 years it pretty much speaks for itself, even if we had the luxury of several mwc, wac, and conf usa championships, i probably wouldnt mention it unless i was in an argument with a University of North Texas or texas state fan
When you schd 4 non con patsies every year and only need two conference wins... Your admin actually admitted to this and was part of the angst between them and Leach. Tech has always been a joke. Always will be. Rings for all of your conference championships wouldnt fill up one hand unless 4 fingers were cut off. And that ONE wasnt outright.:laugh:

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Tech has always been a joke. Always will be. Rings for all of your conference championships wouldnt fill up one hand unless 4 fingers were cut off. And that ONE wasnt outright.:laugh:

Now not so fast. Tech won 9 Border Conference championships back in the day. Of course, several of those conference championships only required 3 victories...sounds like the sand aggies' cup of tea. They would have won it again in 1956, but were edged out by the powerhouse Texas School of Mines. They could have won three more, but came up short of the required three victory minimum to claim the title. Perhaps they backed out of the games scheduled against Hardin-Simmons. That just wasn't a team they needed to be playing that year, or something. Everything old is new again.

Border Conference Championships

Endless Purple

cmon, the only popular threads on the page are the ones im on, can anyone answer my original question?
Well Pharmfrog answered the question. Now what does the 2010 schedule of the BE teams have to do with the 2012 schedule??

In 2009, 4 BE teams were in the top 31 of the final AP poll - 50% of the conference. Plus a 5th at 35. (6 if you count TCU who will be BE in 2012)

Obviously things change from year to year. From the activities this summer, the BE is trying to improve it's teams. From all appearances, they will be succeeding with good teams in 2012. Over the last couple years, K St has gone back to a retired coach, and Tech fired their winningest coach since 1940 and Nebraska left.