jake102

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1308503406' post='855163']
-Alabama to BCS-NCG in New Orleans
-Georgia to Capital One Bowl
-LSU to Sugar Bowl
-Arkansas to Cotton Bowl
(nobody cares after that)
[/quote]

Fair enough. I could very easily see that happening as well. Between Bama, LSU and Arkansas it's a close competition. All schools have problems, and all have a lot of talent.

Trent Richardson could have a ridiculous season.

YCBJ Frog

Far enough. I could very easily see that happening as well. Between Bama, LSU and Arkansas it's a close competition. All schools have problems, and all have a lot of talent.

Trent Richardson could have a ridiculous season.

Yeah man, he's incredible. I think Lattimore at South Carolina could outperform him this year though. Spurrier says he's the next Emmitt Smith... he would know. If Garcia can get his head on straight and satisfies Hyman's guidelines to return to the team, I think they can challenge Georgia for the SEC East.

Gunner

That whole OL thing, is highly suspect to me. Fry looked real good to me in the spring game. Foltz was good enough last year to start and Dooley is a pro. Dunbar might need some motivation, but he has the talent to get the job done. Olson was set to start last when Roth got past his injuries. In fact, Olson was the starter coming out of spring training.

Horn, S Thompson, M Thompson, and Wooldridge are some pretty good backups. Still waiting to see if Fabuluje is eligible?

It just seems funny to me, if we had a problem with the OL, why didn't we sign a JC the last 2 years???? Me thinks something funny here... :rolleyes:

jake102

That whole OL thing, is highly suspect to me. Fry looked real good to me in the spring game. Foltz was good enough last year to start and Dooley is a pro. Dunbar might need some motivation, but he has the talent to get the job done. Olson was set to start last when Roth got past his injuries. In fact, Olson was the starter coming out of spring training.

Horn, S Thompson, M Thompson, and Wooldridge are some pretty good backups. Still waiting to see if Fabuluje is eligible?

It just seems funny to me, if we had a problem with the OL, why didn't we sign a JC the last 2 years???? Me thinks something funny here... :rolleyes:

You could be right, but Maponga, Coleman, Yendry and Broughton had a field day with those guys in the spring game in pass situations. Plus they don't have a Marcus Cannon that locks down an entire area of field.

Mike Brooks

It will come down to health more than most seasons. We seem a bit small with the DTs but we don't play a true power running team. Sans injury, shouldn't be fun for opposing QBs. Draw plays will be a big plaer against us.

We also don't play a dominant defense. The OL should be able to grow. We just need to get past an amped up BU team and Air Force. Pretty tough back to back road games to open.

I see the Baylor game bing like last year's SMU game where they hang for a half. Air Force will hang to the bitter end.

Gunner

Small DT's. That is pretty funny. Yendry started against Wisconsin and did more than hold his own. GP commented that Burns played well enough in the Rose, had he known, he would have played him more. Burns and Coleman are stumps in there and both weigh 290. Good grief, that is big enough for any college team..

Also, GP is on record saying after the spring game, that this defensive line is better than last year. Well, hope that gets your attention. You can find better stuff to worry about. But small ain't one of 'em...

You won't meet a better offensive line than Wisky's.

Tom Brown

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1308462378' post='855030']
Arkansas? No Florida State? No Stanford?

Your top 10 sucks.
[/quote]

+1

asleep003

Granny Emma could come up with a better top 10 than that.

TCU's run will likely come down to how fast Pachall can develop. Forgotten is, he' had a third spring training and is a little more experienced than thought. Problem is playing time.

The odds against are pretty big, but he is a talented player. If he gets by the first 2 games, watch out for the TCU offense. They got everything except an experienced QB.
And O-line....

One other factor, as presented by this amatuer pronosticator, is that Pachall will be surrounded by some super players, especially of the playmaking variety...

I'd run the option 26 times against Baylor. Get those backs some perimeter room.

A lot of work still needed in an inxperienced secondary, with lots of talent though...
Cheers!

asleep003

I think we could just as easily be 12-0 as 8-4. We have a solid group of replacements coming in. If QB learns quick, we roll.

Would be flabergasted and yet blown away happy for your fantasy to come true.
Anything is possible and a 3rd BCS bowl in a row would be a phenom... But not
buying any Tix yet.... young and talented but not overly experienced... looking to
see what happen in 10 weeks.
Cheers!

Latest posts