• The KillerFrogs

"TCU lobbying to exclude Baylor"

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Snoop Frog @ Jun 12 2010, 11:18 AM) [snapback]575954[/snapback]
Yes, Baylor football is "struggling" or even "not very good" but how does an utterly pathetic team beat Missouri last year or lead Tech for most of the game or compete at all with any of the other teams they played? How does such a pathetic program have the number one draft pick in the NFL two years ago? How does such a pathetic fan base sell out (73,000+) Cowboys Stadium last year versus Tech (and NO it was NOT all Tech fans - not by a longshot - objectively, at least 40% of the fans were wearing green and gold - ask anyone who was there - I was there, too). How does such a pathetic fan base pack Reliant Stadium in Houston only months ago for the NCAA Elite 8 basketball game where they almost beat national champion Duke (and yes, there were far and away more Baylor fans there than Duke fans, it was like a home game for Baylor). You see there are plenty of Baylor alums, about 34,000 just in the DFW area alone (probably more than TCU alums in the same area), so don't measure their fan base by how many show up at Amon Carter this fall, by the way - there will be more than you think, but would you want to show up only to be humiliated in more ways than one? I wouldn't.

- Lost to A&M by 35. Texas by 31. OSU by 26. To Iowa State. So you beat MU - falls under the heading of 'a broken clock is right 2x a day'. 4-8 is still 4-8.
- Baylor didn't have the #1 pick 2 years ago. The had A high 1st rounder, and it was an OT. And if one player meant anything then Fresno State would be a powerhouse, too, since David Carr WAS the #1 pick a few years back.
- 73K isn't a sellout at the DeathStar. Place holds 80. And the crowd was 71K, of which 40% (if it was that, since objectivity is in question) is 28K. Nothing to write home about.
- Baylor didn't 'pack' Reliant, but even if they did, with a once in a lifetime event you should expect a large crowd, considering how close it was.
- With all those alums, you'd think your football attendance wouldn't be so dependent on the visiting team.
- The last time Baylor came to AGCS, the Baylor attendance was borderline pathetic.
- That you think you and Baylor will be humiliated should tell your something.

ShivasFrog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 13 2010, 10:01 AM) [snapback]576526[/snapback]
There is a 100% chance that the OP has Baylor ties....

Look, if you're gonna come on to KFC with a "fill in the blank Frog" name, and pretend to be a TCU fan, at least give us more than 6 posts of fake Frogdom before you start shoving Baylor down our throats.

Agree. I noticed some tell-tale ALL CAPS in that original post as well. Teabag must be tired of answering his own posts on Scout.

Setting aside personal hatred for Baylor, my thoughts are TCU needs to do what's best for TCU. Having Baylor in the MWC does not benefit us. We don't want BYU, Utah and Boise state to have an additional opportunity to showcase their programs to Texas recruits each season, even if it's at a dilapidated stadium in the middle of a Waco slum. Sending them to the irrelevance of C-USA would actually help our program...a little. Eventually, their men's and women's basketball programs would take a huge it, though their football team might win a conference championship occasionally.

Now, if the MWC is merging into the Big 12, then we don't really have a choice. We'll have to hold our noses and join them. At least after we beat them into submission, we won't have to hear about how we couldn't compete in the Big 12. They'll have to default back to their best argument -- our women's basketball program could kill yours!

Frog of 87

While I do think it is best for TCU to maintain its "only school in Texas" status in the MWC, I am disappointed by the comments. Who knows where we will be in 10 years? I will not argue if our football team is better than Baylor's ...yes we have had more wins in the last few years, but our competition has not been the same. Do not think that Utah, BYU, Colorado State, and New Mexico can compare with Texas, Oklahoma, A&M...if we were in the Big 12, I daresay we would be struggling as well. BCS conferences are not set up to benefit private schools...look at the football programs of Duke, Vanderbilt, Northwestern...success is lacking.

Now there is a real possibility that the remaining Big 5 could include a merger of MWC...do we really want our bitterness to come back and haunt us? We can talk football, Baylor can talk basketball...and I assure you the Bears will rise again in football ...what happened 15 years ago was unfortunate and I was angry then as I was an undergrad...but I have moved on...we would have done the same thing if we had been invited to the Big 12...maybe we need to mad at ourselves that we have no prominent legislators...still don't. The Texas Government is packed with Bears, Longhorns, and Aggies...we need to get busy.