• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football vs Minnesota Recap

frognutz

Gopher hole...

I don't know. Phil Steele, whom I really, really respect, had TCU as his most improved team in America coming into the 2014 season. They have such great athleticism and such great speed pretty much across the board, that I could very much see them as being truly legit. At any rate, they will have a chance to prove their merit coming up in about two weeks, as they will be facing one hell of a slate of games all occurring within the span of six weeks - vs. #4 Oklahoma, @ #7 Baylor, vs. #25 Oklahoma State, @ West Virginia, vs. #20 K-State. That's some heavy lifting right there. We'll see how they do.

frognutz

Cont'd

TCU is a good team that I think will win about 6-7 games but watching the game we gave them every chance to put 56 on us & they only put 30 which is surprising seeing as their new offense was supposed to dominate us. Watching the game it didn't look like that... we've played worse against less complicated offenses.

frognutz

Cont'd

Other than the game itself, TCU was an enjoyable experience. We were one of the Minnesota groups invited to a TCU tailgate, great fans. Really like the revamped stadium, though the seats on the 400 level are deceptively high up. Only complaint would be the constant bombardment of noise at jet engine volume over the PA system. Every possible opportunity to blast something through the speakers was taken - it was a DJ away from being an NBA game.

frognutz

Last one....

In all honesty, at least this year.... TCU is better (at very least, faster) than anyone we'll face going forward and better than any
other B1G team not named MSU. I strongly believe if we had a good QB who could make even the most mundane FBS plays and throws
...we move the ball better, (albeit perhaps not a ton against TCU) but it would have kept our D off the field more and would have made
for a much better game, but....we have a terrible QB.

TCU should be well ranked by mid-season and we wish the best to ya.

Frog-in-law1995

frognutz said:
Cont'd

TCU is a good team that I think will win about 6-7 games but watching the game we gave them every chance to put 56 on us & they only put 30 which is surprising seeing as their new offense was supposed to dominate us. Watching the game it didn't look like that... we've played worse against less complicated offenses.
This is the guy who said they'd have won the game if they had an average QB. I thought about replying, but figured anybody that far gone wasn't worth the effort.

frognutz

Cont'd

I absolutely love TCUs play calling. Their quick passes, bubble screens, end-arounds, utilize their talent in the best places. Minnesota has no offensive coaching. Best thing to happen to Patterson was not hiring Kill as his O-coordinator.

ifrog

frognutz said:
Cont'd

I absolutely love TCUs play calling. Their quick passes, bubble screens, end-arounds, utilize their talent in the best places. Minnesota has no offensive coaching. Best thing to happen to Patterson was not hiring Kill as his O-coordinator.
Imagine if someone had said this last year

PurplFrawg

Administrator
frognutz said:
Cont'd

he left out "short side option"

frognutz

Cont'd

The difference in team speed is frightening. They are quicker up front on the line and faster to the ball at all positions. They are just better at all facets of the game than we are.

frognutz

Subjective look to a bad day, but is this the game that lights the fire? Mitch can't their, but they made him do it against a very good TCU D. TCU is clearly better than anyone we'll face in the B1G including possibly tOSU. Iowa had looked dreadful, a bad isu team have them all they could handle (kirk ferentz just called time-out on a missed gw fg, only for the retry to MAKE), Wisc looks confused, Mich is not Mich. Who knows..

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Well, their in-game thread had at least five entries saying, from their perspective, the best thing about the stadium experience was our cheer leaders/dance team.