• The KillerFrogs

TCU finishes 40th in Directors Cup

txfrog87

Was searching Google and ran across an article headlined: SMU athletic program ranked best in Conference USA. So I clicked on the link and got the message: Page not found. Guess that sums it up.

desmith03

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Jul 2 2010, 11:57 AM) [snapback]592580[/snapback]
Why aren't women's volleyball and men's water polo counted?

Because there's no justce in the world... at all.

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(Daniel @ Jul 3 2010, 01:31 AM) [snapback]592792[/snapback]
Because there's no justce in the world... at all.

The designers are biased...but, most importantly of all:

It's crap, and almost worthless for guaging the real value using popular sports as a basis. So there. :tongue:

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(jack the weed @ Jul 3 2010, 09:05 AM) [snapback]592837[/snapback]
All sports are valued the same in determining the rankngs?
Tiddlywinks team same as football?

Tiddlywinks isn't an NCAA sport (yet...), but yeah. That's kind of the point; football gets enough attention anyway. I like the director's cup because it makes me really pull for teams I otherwise wouldn't give a second thought. Sort of like how fantasy sports makes me watch meaningless out-of-market games.

Of course, this would be a lot more interesting if Stanford didn't win it every year. Do you get something for being the best in your conference? We could pull that off.

SFA Frog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Jul 3 2010, 03:43 PM) [snapback]592944[/snapback]
Tiddlywinks isn't an NCAA sport (yet...), but yeah. That's kind of the point; football gets enough attention anyway. I like the director's cup because it makes me really pull for teams I otherwise wouldn't give a second thought. Sort of like how fantasy sports makes me watch meaningless out-of-market games.

Of course, this would be a lot more interesting if Stanford didn't win it every year. Do you get something for being the best in your conference? We could pull that off.

The WAC has a Commissioners Cup.